WarnerMedia seeks an Expert Software Developer for the Ad Sales department. The Expert Software Developer is responsible for providing expert technical design, coding, testing, implementation, advice, and support of custom software applications of the most critical and complex nature. This may include expert problem resolution, systems integration, basic architectural guidance, and mentoring of other team members.
• Participate in the analysis of customer requirements and the creation of detailed program design specifications for high complexity user interfaces, application enhancements, new functionality, and backend processes in collaboration with customers, Business System Analysts, and other project team members. Assist project management in estimates as requested.
• Develop and modify complex, deadline-intensive, and/or mission-critical applications using advanced development tools and technologies. Document all code using standard forms and procedures, and review others' work as appropriate.
• Recommend process, methodology, and tool changes in conjunction with Architects and QA to best meet the needs of the department and client.
• Work with Quality Assurance to participate in unit, system, and user acceptance testing based on an understanding of the development lifecycle.
• Provide the highest level of technical production support for applications, collaborate with others on problem resolution, and respond with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, MBA, MIS, or equivalent education, training, and/or experience.
• Has 3 to 6 years of professional development experience in application development, including analyzing stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practice
• Data: Experience with AWS, including S3, Lambda, API Gateway, and Infrastructure as Code such as CloudFormation or Terraform
• UI: Ability to develop and consume RESTful service, with deep understanding of JSON, preferably with nodejs or python
• UI: Experience implementing Web applications using popular libraries/frameworks: vuejs, React,
• Data: Ability to design RESTful API and Integration patterns including API, messaging, and batch processing models, preferably with nodejs or python
• Data: Ability to process large data sets
• Data: Experience with relational databases and SQL query language, most notably Postgres
• Demonstrated success implementing systems based on cloud technologies
The Nice to Haves
• Ability to collaborate with the team, including participating in and leading design sessions, story grooming sessions, and code reviews
• Desire to mentor more junior developers on the team and foster a collaborative environment
• Experience with querying and manipulating large data sets
• Experience with Snowflake is a plus
• Experience working on a team using an agile methodology (SCRUM, FDD, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support