Senior Systems Engineer
The Distribution Engineer position is a technical project focused role that resides within the technology vertical of WarnerMedia's International business. The objective of this role is to work with the Senior Manager of technical distribution to strategize, communicate and implement distribution changes to drive efficiencies, while ensuring technology standardisation and architectural alignment across regions. The successful candidate is required to be execution-driven and possess a strong understanding of both traditional broadcast and modern distribution mechanism.
The position calls for an innovator who is not afraid to challenge legacy models, agreements and approaches to linear video distribution. The candidate should have a track record of successfully implementing architectural and topology changes relating to video distribution over both managed and unmanaged networks.
As well as playing a pivotal role in low level project distribution engineering across the region, the successful candidate will also be expected to produce and own service and product documentation which is shared both internally and externally. The candidate will be responsible for providing day to day coordination of the company's in-house and outsourced media services, this includes overseeing elements of strategy, design, transition, operations and continual service improvement.
• Primary point of contact for distribution related projects across the region, although primarily focused on IP distribution, this also extends to Fiber and Satellite.
• Thoroughly support our customers and providers both remotely and in person throughout the transition between video delivery solutions.
• Daily contribution towards international distribution activities, must have a firm understanding of traditional and evolving video distribution methods, architectures, standards and protocols.
• Maintain an awareness of existing and new commercial agreements and contracts, extracting key technical, operational and commercial information to drive internal decision.
• Working with the operational and other technical teams to develop and maintain accurate documentation underpinning WarnerMedia services.
• Working experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure media related services.
• Experience in a similar position, or at least competent in the majority of the major activities listed. Must have a fundamental technical understanding of modern technologies, environments and protocols surrounding Playout and Distribution. Knowledge of third-party distribution suppliers. Knowledge of compression, transcoding, encryption, private and public cloud media services.
• Understanding of cloud computing principles and best practices. Working knowledge of networks and topologies relating to video distribution. Working skillset that includes use of Zixi, SRT, RIST, RTP-FEC, AES.
• Self-sufficient and organised, flexible, ability to prioritise appropriately
• Strong communication skills at all levels and drive solutions,
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj20wb-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.