WarnerMedia seeks a Director - Subscription Revenue for the ABS R2R-Revenue department. WarnerMedia is currently seeking a Director to join the Subscription revenue team within its Global Business Services (GBS) group. As trusted business advisors, the GBS organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional accounting operations across WarnerMedia's domestic and international businesses.
The organization is comprised of four functional teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, Order to Cash and Procure to Pay. GBS further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. The Subscription Revenue team provides accounting support to WarnerMedia global subscription revenues and receivables including premium channels of HBO, HBO Max, Cinemas, as well as 10+ basic linear networks such as CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. In addition, the team is responsible for the accounting of In-app revenues and AR originating from Apple, Amazon and Roku as well as Direct to Consumer revenues with HBO Max, NBA League pass and Bleacher Report Live.
• Leadership over the day-to-day accounting support of the global subscription revenue accounting team.
• Lead the team in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Work with Accounting Managers to review and evaluate complex entries and supporting documentation.
• Possess a detailed working knowledge of customer contracts to evaluate and interpret contract language to determine revenue recognition
• Maintain close communication with WarnerMedia Network Sales & Acquisition Finance, Operations and Legal teams
• Review and approve critical account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
• Perform and evaluate detailed analysis of revenue estimates to actual customer support to determine revenue accuracy and customer compliance.
• Oversee monthly detailed analysis of revenue estimates to actual customer support to determine revenue accuracy and drivers for variances from estimates.
• Review and communicate detailed variance analyses to upper management.
• Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions.
• Work closely with accounting policy Advisory Services team to evaluate complex accounting issues and recommend proper accounting treatment on these transactions.
• Primary manager of relationship external audit firm used to evaluate customer data and ensure contract compliance. Ensure audits are timely and findings are fully evaluated.
• Present audit findings to customers and negotiate settlements of payments due.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Global Business Services, Finance business partners and stakeholders.
• The Subscription Revenue Accounting Manager position will function as a critical team leader focused on managing a substantial portion of the Company's revenue. Additional responsibilities include: leading and developing a team of staff and managing multiple priorities.
• Provide leadership toa team of 8+ professionals through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
• Hold regular and recurring staff meetings with direct reports to communicate changes to initiatives, policies and procedures, and ensure staff are informed of company goals and objectives.
• Maintain a strongly collaborative and communicative relationship with Finance, Sales and Legal.
• Mentor, coach team through guided development training, special projects and supportive team environment.
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Master's degree preferred
• CPA is strongly preferred.
• 7+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public), including at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
• Well-qualified Assistant Controller candidates: Self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, detailed-oriented, and exhibits a team player attitude all times.
• Initiative, independent problem-solving abilities, ownership of work product, and strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage the accounting activities for multiple diverse businesses.
• Strong execution skills, advanced analytical skills, and significant technical accounting skills.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• Detail-oriented and high energy.
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Preferred experience:
o Blend of both public and industry experience. o Technical accounting research and memo writing.
o Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint.
o Sox and internal audit experience.
• Other desired experience:
o PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
o Media industry. o Experience with a shared services organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz53y3-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.