WarnerMedia seeks a Counsel for the Studios & Nets Legal department. Opportunity for Counsel to join Corporate Legal department supporting Global Kids Young Adults and Classics (KYAC) group. Housed within WarnerMedia's Studio and Networks Operating Unit, KYAC brings together Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). The KYAC legal team supports these and other exciting WarnerMedia businesses, including Wizarding World Digital, and digital and marketing initiatives of KYAC and the TBS, TNT, and truTV networks. Position reports to a VP and Associate General Counsel. Role based in Atlanta with communication and collaboration with clients, colleagues and partners in Burbank, CA and London, UK.
• Provide legal counsel and transactional support in relation to production and global distribution of digital content, advertiser and subscription-based services, websites, apps, fan clubs, and various network, brand, and multi-platform marketing initiatives
• Review, draft, and negotiate variety of commercial contracts, including content licenses, technology and e-commerce agreements, third-party distribution agreements, software licenses, platform license agreements, agency and re-seller agreements, consulting agreements, co-promotion, social influencer and sponsorship agreements, master service agreements, supplier agreements, venue agreements, terms of service, and releases
• Advise on wide range of content production, licensing, intellectual property, publicity, advertising and marketing matters, including trademark, copyright, right of publicity, guild, rights clearances, sweepstakes, contests, data privacy, sponsorship, e-commerce, social influencer campaigns, user-generated content, contractual rights, company policy, and regulatory compliance issues
• Review and draft promotion rules review creative content and marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable laws, contractual rights, and corporate policies.
• Build and maintain relationships, manage outside counsel, collaborate, and communicate effectively across the business and territories with key internal and external stakeholders, including IP partners and various WarnerMedia legal and corporate colleagues
• Strong academic credentials
• GA, NY or CA state bar member
• 4-5+ years of relevant experience in reputable law firm advising major corporate clients and/or corporate legal department
• Strong legal transactional skills and experience negotiating, drafting and interpreting wide range of commercial contracts and licenses
• Ability to problem solve in efficient, business-friendly, creative manner
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to build strong internal client relationships with personnel of all levels, effectively advise senior-level executives, and produce strong client and partner satisfaction through practical and strategic thinking
• Strong understanding of intellectual property, advertising, marketing, consumer protection, and data privacy laws and regulations in the US, UK, and other key jurisdictions, such as GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, FTC Guidelines
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience with digital media content, technology, e-commerce, subscription and advertising-based businesses preferred
• Must be agile, proactive, highly motivated, have positive, team-oriented attitude, excellent judgment, able to handle high volume of work with minimal supervision and to assess risk, make decisions and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Must enjoy welcoming new business challenges and working in dynamic, fast-paced environment with great colleagues and world-class IP and entertainment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kvxe-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.