The Job - This role is based in DC.
WarnerMedia seeks a BIT Engineer for the ENG - DC Engineering department. The Broadcast & IT Support Engineer requires a wide range of technical skills necessary to perform maintenance, installation, board and/or some component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
• In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and
• Associated production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.)
• A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
• Turner BEST teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal, written) are required.
• Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
• 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking.
• Typically four or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level
• Willingness to learn Turner proprietary equipment and applications
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows
• Manufacturer-provided broadcast training from companies such as Sony, Harmonic, Evertz, etc.
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Microsoft network certification
• Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments
• Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C++, scripting, etc)
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments
• Autocad, MS Office Suite, Visio experience
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes
The Nice to Haves
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships; Values the diversity of people, programming and perspectives; Displays the ability to work in a team environment and solicits input from a variety of individuals, departments, and divisions; Communicates effectively with others
• Sets challenging objectives and demonstrates a clear sense of urgency; Uses sound judgment and makes good decisions while considering relevant facts, investment of resources and financial implications; Produces and delivers the highest quality results aligned to personal and organizational goals; Allocates time and resources effectively
• Articulates an awareness of personal strengths and development areas with a clearly defined action plan for improvement; Learns from past experiences and makes adjustments in behaviors & approaches in future situations; Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities; Takes ownership and accountability for decisions and successes/failures
• Sees the ''big picture'' while also focused on the necessary action steps to accomplish the goal; Improves processes, methods and programs; Contributes innovative, creative and ''out of the box'' ideas; Considers tends in the industry and understands their relevance to our business
• Empowers employees through delegation, feedback and coaching; Leads by
• example and champions organizational strategies and goals; Selects, retains, rewards and develops top talent; Makes ''tough calls'' on performance issues in a timely, fair and consistent manner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk3v0-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.