Turner Services Inc seeks a BIT Engineer for the ENG – Broadcast Systems department.
The Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance, installation in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
• Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.)
• A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
• WarnerMedia Production Engineering teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
• Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers
• 2-4 year electrical/electronic/IT related degree (or equivalent experience and qualifications)
• 2-5 years of applicable work experience or demonstrated equivalent competency
• Ability to execute projects
• Systems administration/security desired
• Functional expertise and problem-solving abilities in most core broadcast systems
• CAD Skills desired
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux
• Must be highly motivated to learn new emerging television and IT technologies and broaden knowledge of existing systems.
• Must have a good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow flow drawings.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of broadcast systems operations
• Network administration and diagnostic skills.
• Working knowledge of broadcast IP routers or exposure to cloud solutions is a plus.