- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WarnerMedia seeks a BIT Field Engineer for the ENG - DC Engineering department.
• The BIT Field Production Engineer is tasked with providing timely and professional support in fast paced 24x7x365 field newsgathering and live production environments.
• Individuals in this job have demonstrated the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to meet the full range of field production engineering responsibilities.
• BIT Field Production Engineers are responsible for planning and executing projects, live productions, and remotes assigned to Domestic Field Engineering.
• He or she will primarily fill a general engineering support role or a role as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for specific technology or systems.
• He or she may occasionally assume an EIC (Engineer in Charge) role, developing technology plans, organizing resources, providing technical oversight and guidance to staff, and ensuring suitable technical approaches are implemented on remotes / live productions.
• This position requires proficient electronics and IT support skills. Travel (typically Domestic, but occasionally International) is required, often with short notice.
• The ability to physically lift and move equipment weighing 50 pounds or more may be necessary.
• Must have a willingness to perform varied tasks as required on assignment to support the production.
• Must have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations frequently encountered in field remote environments, and possess superb customer service and communication skills (verbal, written).
• BIT field production engineers demonstrate competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts and can support remote productions in planned situations and breaking news environments.
• Demonstrates expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and can work independently and autonomously in a team based environment.
• The ability to prioritize tasks, manage workload and adjust work flows to suit the environment and production needs is essential.
• This position will primarily provide field support but will also spend time in-house or assisting Broadcast and IT teams with project and maintenance work when not otherwise deployed in the field.
• Typically 4 or more years of experience providing engineering support for TV production remotes including multi-cameras field-based production, transmission systems, logistics, site set-up and troubleshooting.
• Project team and project implementation experience.
• Strong operational skills on a broad range of television remote broadcast and production equipment such as: SNG satellite uplink/downlink equipment, microwave, video encoding, ENG/Studio cameras and support equipment, A/V routers and infrastructure, video switchers, audio mixers, media decks, NLE edit systems and storage devices, fiber optic links, signal processing and transcoding devices, production communications (intercom) and computer systems/ IT networks architecture.
• Working knowledge of emerging technologies including IP video transport.
• Experienced problem solver who is able to perform well in a fast paced environment Proficiency with AutoCAD, Visio, Excel and other MS Office applications4 year technical degree, preferably IT / electronics (or equivalent education/experience/training)