WarnerMedia seeks a BIT Engineer - WM Studios & Sports-1 for the META IO Networking department.
The Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance, installation in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
1) Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
2) Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.)
A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure. Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
WarnerMedia teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
• Support and maintain an active production facility. Repair, calibration and installation of audio & video broadcast/IT equipment. This includes equipment within the production facilities such as control rooms and studios (cameras, switchers, audio mixers, multi-viewers, intercom system, monitors, graphic equipment, server/playback, etc.) and related supporting infrastructure in terminal gear/data center and master control areas, transmission sites and throughout any broadcast infrastructure plants supported by the team (A/V routers, data routers, RF/fiber transmission, tally, signal processing gear, CATV system, etc.). Depending on your location, maintenance/repair of ENG crew gear (field cameras, mixers, microphones, lights, etc.) may be required.
• Perform technical support for critical/on-air production systems. Ability to back-up or assist other support groups and clients for non-critical systems and IT/PC gear, including installation, problem correction, removal/replacement, or other tasks as necessary to ensure continuation of customer work productivity and/or on-air transmission.
• Support upgrades of outside broadcast facilities, including ''pool'' wiring projects, and live event productions. This includes equipment transport, set-up, operation and breakdown.
• Participate on technology design, installation, and integration projects with complex, leading-edge technology in an increasingly broadcast IP and IT centric environment. This includes broadcast and server-based systems, data networking (e.g., routers, switches) and other comparable equipment.
• Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work. Use of 1) AutoCad for system documentation and 2) ITSM ticketing tool to log incidents/requests. Ensure sufficient inventory of parts and technology supplies, working with procurement and asset management teams to order and track inventory.
• May participate in remote assignments with engineers from across Turner. Represent the company in dynamic, multi-cultural environments and effectively interface with demanding broadcast personnel (e.g., on-air talent, producers) in a professional manner.
• Typically five or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level.
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows.
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments.
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems.
• 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking.
• Willingness to learn WarnerMedia proprietary equipment and applications and bring recommendations based on prior experiences.
• Considered a subject matter expert on systems and companies such as Sony, Snell, Harmonic, Evertz, RTS etc.
• Microsoft network certification or similar. CCNA of Linux training is a plus.
• Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C++, scripting, etc)
• Autocad, MS Office Suite, Visio experience
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes
• Specific certifications may be required to work on proprietary equipment/systems (e.g., Cisco, Harmonic).
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk37x4-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.