Turner Services Inc. seeks an Applications Architect for the Cloud Platforms department.
WarnerMedia has been and will stay at the forefront of technology and development best practices. The Applications Architect will help us stay at the forefront of our first part data strategy and data privacy efforts at WarnerMedia and take us to the next level by supporting the development of data-intensive product features and supporting the data-heavy custom application development.
• Architect, prototype, code/build and guide the development of scalable & reliable cloud software systems
• Work with analysts, project managers, product managers and other management to recommend process & system enhancements
• Participate in software development projects using an Agile process and tools
• Be the technical subject matter expert for one or more high-profile systems
• Lead development of a highly motivated team
• Ensure monitoring,
observability, security, and maintainability concerns are met
• Collaborate across brands to guide product development and usage of data privacy tools
• Troubleshoot and fix bugs, security vulnerabilities, and operational issues
• Strong experience with distributed systems at scale
• Experience with programming in Golang; additionally, Java or Python a plus
• Experience with Kafka and other Apache stack components is ideal
• Experience with Kinesis Data Streams and Kinesis Firehose is a bonus
• Knowledge of Kafka Configurations, Management and Kafka testing
• Expertise in schema registries and knowledge of the tradeoffs between various message serialization protocols
• Ability to design cloud infrastructure that performs well while controlling cost
• Ability to use Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation Templates is ideal.
• Working knowledge of containers, Kubernetes and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
• Creative thinker with track record of designing and maintaining scaled cloud applications
• Experience with Github Actions would be useful as well
• Experience with various tools, languages, and structures including queueing mechanisms, Rest APIs, TSL, Routing, CDNs, caching/TTLs, DNS, and other modern web- devy things.
• Design in terms of Availability, Reliability, Scalability, Maintainability, and Security
• Embrace team collaboration
• Excellent communication skills
Who are you?
You're resourceful and creative
• You love challenges and your analytical perspective finds the problems others may miss.
• Identify, analyze, and rectify is your mantra.
• Nothing is more satisfying than solving that difficult problem and you love to bring new ways to tackle an issue, even if it goes against popular opinion or the way things have been done before.
• You're not afraid to inject some reality when needed but offer alternative solutions - not excuses.
• You don't know the meaning of ''blocked.''
You lead by example
• People always request you when they want someone technical for their project.
• You're a mentor and make your teams stronger by being involved.
• When things get tough and deadlines are tight, you keep your cool, step up and do what is needed.
• We count on you and you can count on us.
You play nice with others
• You believe in one team despite what the org chart says.
• You rally team members to form a common alliance and use your great communication skills and attention to detail to ensure the delivery of exceptional products.