New York, NY
CNN Underscored is seeking an individual who is passionate about digital audience development, e-commerce, SEO, and journalism. As a member of the Audience Development team, you will directly support the CNN Underscored (e-commerce) editorial teams. You will work in close collaboration with the Manager of SEO for Underscored and the Underscored editorial leaders to drive audience growth and increase engagement through our insights and SEO efforts. The SEO Analyst will assist with rapidly growing our longtail search traffic referrals, leveraging our best-in-class product reviews and recommendations, written by our editorial teams, that incorporate the SEO team's recommendations and guidance. Using search trends and competitor data, the SEO analyst will identify opportunities and provide product and category coverage recommendations that will enable Underscored to grow search audience and increase audience loyalty.
• Leverage knowledge of the reviews and recommendations landscape to execute audience development plans that enable CNN Underscored to acquire desired target audience segments.
• Work closely with the editorial team to implement systems and strategies for remediating drops in SERP for critical articles.
• Provide real-time analytics feedback to help deliver the right content at the right time to the CNN Underscored audience.
• Execute on scalable strategies, tactics and channels for audience growth as defined by and in collaboration with the SEO Manager.
• Edit meta data (title, descriptions, etc…) and offer h-tag guidance to better optimize our content for search.
• Keep tracking documents updated as content publishes and, if needed, update third-party tracking tools with new keyword targets and URLs for monitoring search positions over time.
• Provide useful feedback – both real-time and deep-dive – to editorial and data teams, supporting and helping to define their efforts and editorial strategies to deeply understand and expand CNN Underscored's audience.
• 2-4+ years' experience.
• A thorough understanding of SEO principles and best practices, as well as experience gathering, visualizing, and providing insights from various data sources. Proficiency in data analysis, visualization, and translation for groups with varying levels of knowledge and understanding.
• Coordinate and implement scalable strategies, tactics and levers for digital audience growth in consultation with the SEO Manager.
• Perform keyword and trends research to identify what keywords to target for CNN's search audience and explain the value of key phrase selection to writers and editors.
• Train editors on how to optimize pages and articles through page titles, SEO descriptions, headlines, alt text, linking, etc.
Be on the forefront of updates within the SEO atmosphere – keeping the team aware of any upcoming changes that would affect our business.
• Reviewing rank reporting, analytics, webmaster tools and other SEO resources to educate and explain fluctuations and metrics to varying teams.
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
• Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with analytics tools such as: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Chartbeat or similar. Experience with SEO tools such as (or similar to): SEM Rush, Conductor, Brightedge, Google Search Console, NewsDashboard. Experience with data collection and visualization skills with tools such as Microsoft Excel, DOMO and Tableau.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline preferred.
• Passion for shopping and product review content.
• Experience in digital media publishing organizations and/or e-commerce is preferred.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.