Accountant (6 months contract)
Supplier payments/Employees' expenses for APAC:- To ensure all invoices/claims are properly supported, duly approved, and are in accordance with the company policy as well as managing the queries/requests sent to the disbursement mailboxes.
Areas of Responsibility
Accounts Payable and Disbursement
• Upload supplier invoices (PO/non-PO) into Ariba and route for approval.
• Perform weekly AUD/SGD pay-cycles + ad-hoc urgent manual payments, if any.
• Prepare weekly fund request file
• Follow up with requestors on approval for invoices that remains long in 'reconciling' status.
• Liaise with 3rd party contractor and provide supporting documents for payment related matters, if any.
• Look out for any Giro return transactions from bank statements and prepare Payment Cancellation form and liaise with the bank for the Giro return reason to rectify the error.
• Prepare Close Liability form for invoices incorrectly posted and seek approval.
• Review the AP Aging report to ensure nothing out of the norm.
Other ad hoc duties
• Attend to audit sample requests sent from GBS Statutory and Compliance Team
• Assist with queries on cash reconciliation items regarding AP disbursements.
• Create supplier ID for new supplier/new hire in PeopleSoft, if required urgently.
• Prepare journal entries in cases of receiving a refund.
• Attend to employees' queries regarding Ariba matters.
• Attend to employees' queries regarding Concur matters.
• Update changes in reporting manager upon receiving the weekly Direct Report Change file, if any.
• Send reminder emails to respective corporate card holders upon receiving the outstanding credit card report follow up on the status for filing the transactions in Concur.
• Ensure that all expense claims/credit card transactions have been duly approved prior to any resignee's departure
1. Diploma or equivalent experience in Finance
2. Above average skills in Microsoft office suite
3. At least 2 years working experience
4. Fluent in spoken and written English
5. General knowledge of Media/News Broadcasting Sales
1. Experience in media or technology industry
2. Fluent in a secondary language such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean
3. Experience in using Ariba and Peoplesoft
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwo7p-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.