JOB DESCRIPTION – STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Location: Toronto, ON, or remote in Canada
Division: Ticketmaster Canada
Line Manager: Manager, Accounting or Supervisor, Accounting
Contract Terms: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
The Ticketmaster North America Accounting group is responsible for all aspects of preparing accounting entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and reporting on the balance sheet in support of the Live Nation financial reporting process. The North America Accounting group is also responsible for coordinating and supporting internal and external audits related to the Ticketmaster North America division of Live Nation.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist with month-end journal entry preparation and daily and/or monthly reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts; with primary responsibility for Universe, a division of Ticketmaster. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and is proficient with Microsoft Excel.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Prepare and record month-end journal entries as part of the monthly financial close process including revenue recognition and related entries.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and transaction balances on a monthly basis, as part of the internal control compliance process.
• Reconcile credit card transactions in multiple currencies daily, ensuring receipt of funds as expected.
• Work with internal personnel to resolve general ledger account reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Maintain amortization, accrual and prepaid schedules.
• Prepare schedules in support of internal and external audits including quarterly and annual SOX and financial audits and/or sales tax audits.
• Opportunity to participate in structuring a growing portfolio company as it enables new products and expands into new markets.
• Assist with preparing ad hoc schedules as requested by internal management.
• Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional duties/projects as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 1-3 years of professional accounting experience in a comparable role preferred
• Experience with SAP and/or Oracle Financials ERP systems is a plus
• Strong analytical skills; ability to read and analyze financial reports and legal documents
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Will be working with teams/individuals in Eastern and Pacific time zones, and can accommodate a flexible work schedule as business needs allow
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position, subject to legally entitled accommodations.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Critical thinker, with passion for problem solving and high-level of attention to detail.
• Excellent ability to prioritize deadlines and stay organized, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Interested in learning the role, and professional development to support our growing divisions.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzqb0n-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.