Project Manager, Data Services
JoB DESCRIPTION- SENIOR ENGINEER I, SOFTWARE
Location: Hollywood, Los Angeles
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Engineer, I, your focus will enable maximising revenue for both Ticketmaster and its clients. You will be expected to improve the application and leverage the fans and transactions data in new ways.
You will be responsible for owning the development and design of entire application components. You will have to rely on your wide range of experience to resolve complex issues, and you will have to mentor engineers on your team. You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
• Participate to the architecture of a UI application
• Develop on a React (NextJS) and GraphQL stack
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Mentor junior and senior engineers on the team
• Interact with Product/UX to develop features
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• 5+ years of development experience, including experience in implementing and maintaining software using React (NextJS) and Node programming
• 1+ years of GraphQL (Apollo Client & Server) experience.
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Previous experience with Agile methodologies
• Previous experience of working full stack
• Production experience working with distributed systems and cloud providers including AWS
• Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Previous experience in DevOps using Terraform will be a plus
• Experience with VCL (Fastly) will be a plus
• Previous experience with Kubernetes and Sumologic will be a plus
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You can develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You are passionate about technology and transformation.
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You are self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You lead by example
• You can adjust your approach, language, and level of detail to meet audience needs
• You express your opinions and solicits feedback
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkwyk-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.