jOB DESCRIPTION – engineer ii - software
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Division: Ticketmaster Music
Line Manager: Director – Application Architect
Contract Terms: Full Time
Ticketmaster Music is a passionate team within Ticketmaster dedicated to supporting our clients (concert promoters, agents and artist managers) by building tools that empower artists to more efficiently manage their touring business while understanding and engaging more deeply with their fans. It's hard work. We love it, and we have a rare opening for an exceptionally talented Engineer II - Software to join our team.
The Engineer II – Software will work as a key member of our development team building the next generation of fan-oriented ticketing applications, including Ticketmaster Request, a lottery-style ticketing product for fairly distributing tickets to the biggest events and tours.
This role will work in a small, focused team that includes the Application Architect, fellow engineers, UI/UX designers and Product Owner to design, implement, document and maintain the software platforms and systems. Development on these systems includes a mix of enhancements, new features, and integrations with other products and services throughout the Ticketmaster organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Develop and implement feature enhancements to the Ticketmaster Request platform
• Participate in design and development of new services, APIs, and UIs
• Implement features based on business use cases, UI mockups, and team design discussions
• Write unit and integration tests along with primary development
• Ensure each release maintains the highest level of performance, reliability, and security
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• B.A. or B.S. in engineering, CS, or a related field preferred
• 3 years related work experience
• Knowledge and experience with either .NET and/or Java development environments, preferably both
• Experience with ORM frameworks like Hibernate or Entity Framework
• Experience building RESTful APIs and services
• General knowledge of web frameworks and design patterns such as MVC
• Knowledge of responsive front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Knowledge of advanced JS Frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Backbone, etc.
• Knowledge of Web build tools such as SASS/SCSS, npm, Webpack, Grunt, etc.
• Knowledge of SQL, MSSQL in particular
• Experience with Git and general branching/workflow best practices
• Experience with build pipelines and CI tools, such as Gitlab CI and Jenkins
• Experience with Docker and containerized deployment a plus
• Familiarity with AWS or other cloud environments, and state-management tools like Terraform or Ansible
• Experience developing high-volume transactional e-commerce systems a plus
• Familiarity with a DevOps workflow and an eye for automation a plus
• Familiarity with logging and monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch/Kibana and fluentd
• Familiarity with nginx web server a plus
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Eager problem solver with a can-do attitude, a strong attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r716v6-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.