Senior Software Engineer
Awesome Job: Senior Systems Engineer (CloudStack)
Great Location: Los Angeles or Remote
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
This position will be part of Ticketmaster's Private Cloud team. The team is responsible for the company's internal private cloud platform, primarily Apache CloudStack (KVM), Microsoft Hyper-V, and Infoblox DDI.
Ticketmaster is seeking a talented Sr. Systems Engineer responsible for managing and designing our private cloud solution. You will be responsible for the overall reliability of these infrastructure services supporting critical business applications. You will design and implement the tools that automate building and operating reliable systems. You will be supporting a high-volume 24x7 production environment, as well as development and test environments. You will be maintaining a large number of Linux KVM hypervisors / CloudStack clusters (dozens of clusters, hundreds of nodes, supporting thousands of VMs), You will write tools to automate routine and complex tasks, and troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues. The position includes collaboration with development teams to design a scalable and supportable service-oriented architecture. This role will be expected to be a virtualization subject matter expert, and help drive efforts to improve automation and tooling. This role is not directly responsible for the supported VMs or applications, but rather for the platform supporting those.
This is an exciting time to come on board with Ticketmaster, as we look to the ''Return to Live''. We will be focusing on efforts towards modernization and operability, expanding capacity, and enhancing our private cloud platform in a number of ways.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Provide expertise for Linux KVM and Apache CloudStack platform
• Proactively identify and address stability, capacity, and performance concerns
• Implement provisioning and deployment automation / IaC solutions
• Identify & implement solutions to other needs for process automation
• Checking in code for infrastructure build, automation, & tests to version control repository (GitLab)
• Support PCI / security compliance requirements (upgrades, defect management, etc)
• Regularly work with Jira, GitLab, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk
• Liaise with other teams (Networking, Data Center Ops, Security, etc) as required
• Respond to, recover from, and prevent future occurrences of failures & outages
• Participate in on-call and potentially some after-hours support as required
• 5+ years of relevant Experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, technology, or related field
• Advanced Linux virtualization related concepts to include KVM, QEMU, libvirt / libvirtd, Xen
• Advanced level understanding of virtual compute concepts (such as: hyperthreading, NUMA balancing, steal time)
• Advanced level understanding of networking concepts, including SDN, VLANs, virtual switching, network segmentation
• Advanced level understanding of storage concepts, especially as related to virtualization
• Advanced scripting skills, with demonstrable automation experience (Python, Golang, etc)
• Experience managing large-scale Linux infrastructure across public cloud and private data centers
• Experience implementing automation / configuration management solutions with tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
• Various other products in our tool set you will need to use regularly: GitLab, Prometheus, Grafana, Jira
• A Linux virtualization subject matter expert
• Autonomous and proactive
• Passionate about technology and transformation
• Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military an
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.