Senior Software Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, Angel, UK
Division: Ticketmaster International
Line Manager: Engineering Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent
ABOUT LIVE NATION
The Live Nation Digital Tech Team (LNDT) drives the fan experience across 30 international Live Nation sites, covering 49 countries and 28 languages. We are truly responsible for the online face of the business and are the team who help fans discover and buy the tickets they just cannot miss out on. As well as our core business with the Live Nation sites, we support and manage over 200 festival and venue sites who work independently but within our framework and we are required to meet their needs whilst allowing them autonomy.
This role involves working in an agile software engineering team, covering the complete lifecycle of development activities from planning to delivery. Ensuring efficiency, reliability and quality of all components and features developed as well as quick response to requirements changes, which contribute to Live Nation winning in their marketplace.
Because our business is online 24/7, you may on occasion be required to work out of hours or provide on-call duty on a rota basis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Writing test driven, clean maintainable C# code
• Terraforming, infrastructure as code
• Using defensive coding to minimize errors and security issues
• Leads code reviews and merge requests
• Writing efficient SQL & Elasticsearch queries
• Using SOLID principles and design patterns
• Actively contributing to key decisions
• Providing on-call 24/7 support on a rota basis
• have a solid experience of development in C#/.net Core
• consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability
• have a good understanding of containers
• proactively identify challenges and suggest improvements to mitigate them
• are comfortable communicating complex ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
• are a creative problem solver and enjoy technical challenges
• actively mentor team mates using a humble and helpful manner
• enjoy learning and are keen to adopt new technologies
• are adept at working with agile methodologies
• work cooperatively with colleagues, communicate clearly, and adapt to change
• can work alone as well as part of a team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n160-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.