Senior Software Engineer - .Net
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
THE TEAM: Smart Queue
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Engineer, your work will increase revenue for both Ticketmaster and its clients. You will be expected to improve the Smart Queue application performance and stability, and contribute to a smooth fan experience.
You will be responsible for contributing to the development and design of application components. You will have to rely on your wide range of experience to resolve complex issues, and you will have to mentor engineers on your team. You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of a DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
• Participate in the architecture of a high-trafficked application and its related services
• Write high quality Java code using Spring
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Mentor junior engineers
• Interact with Product/UX to develop features
• Write tests and build CI/ CD pipelines
• Review code written by peers and be able to identify opportunities for improved performance and style
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Few years of experience in software engineering
• Proven experience implementing highly-available data services
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Fluency in Java, Spring, Maven, and other backend development technologies
• Experience working full stack
• Knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as React
• Experience designing algorithms
• Experience in DevOps, working with Kubernetes and AWS
• Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
• Experience working in an SOA development environment
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You can develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You are passionate about technology and transformation
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You are a self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You lead by example
• You can adjust your approach, language, and level of detail to meet audience needs
• You express your opinions and solicit feedback
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You can debug and diagnose performance issues in real time
• You thrive under high-demand and can iterate quickly
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x7zy-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.