Senior Software Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Line Manager: Database Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent
You will join Ticketmaster global database service team.
Join our global database services team and become an integral core member of a group supporting the world's largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a ''infrastructure as code'' mindset and migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. The development of those tools will also enable other database users to have the capability to manage and operate their own database platforms. We use various database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world's largest ticketing system and serving 170M customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology, and will have an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a team with a great culture!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Gather required specifications, design the software framework and develop the necessary tools.
• Deliver self-service tools to facilitate the usability of the datastore services to help the engineering development (or developer) success.
• Maintain and enhance Python / Django based applications running as micro services on Kubernetes.
• Desired hands on usage of Git version control system and designing version control process methodologies.
• Collaborate with other database engineering teams to build tools in order to facilitate and increase the efficiency of operation routine tasks.
• Onboard, support and maintain the automation tools with users.
• Participate OnCall duty for critical tool sets.
• Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting to pre-empt outages.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Demonstrable experience with programming languages (eg: Python and Python Framework such as Django, etc) in software engineering roles, with full stack database driven development experience using any of the following open source databases: MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Hadoop.
• Strong years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (eg: Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef ), can orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
• Substantial years of experience with independent design and developing client tools experience from end to end.
• Experience with building microservices applications on container platforms such as Kubernetes.
• Experience in observability and alerting (eg: Prometheus, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch)
• Experience working with AWS DB solutions and their ecosystems (eg: Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Eventbus, SNS and AMI, Kafka etc.)
• Experience working on the infrastructure of open-source databases (eg: MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or Hadoop).
• Experience with Database observability or general system observability (metrics, dashboards, and alerts).
• Experience designing CI/CD pipelines to maintain infrastructure code deployment
• Strong fundamentals of Linux / Unix system knowledge
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Previous tenure as a DevOps, platform engineer or backend/frontend software engineer who likes to explore the database platform area.
• Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
• Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC,
• Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects .
• Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
• Proven experience of utilizing SDLC and Agile best practices.
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
• Have a strong level of independence
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb58k-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.