SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: UK (remote)
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Full Time
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Engineer, II, your focus will enable maximizing revenue for both Ticketmaster and its clients. You will be expected to improve the application and leverage the fans and transactions data in new ways.
You will be responsible for owning the development and design of entire application components. You will have to rely on your wide range of experience to resolve complex issues, and you will have to mentor engineers on your team. You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
• Participate to the architecture of a UI application
• Develop on a Java Spring Boot stack
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Mentor junior and senior engineers on the team
• Interact with Product/UX to develop features
• Proven years of development experience, including experience in implementing and maintaining software using Java 8 or higher and reactive programming
• Production experience with open-source libraries/frameworks including Spring.
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Previous experience with Agile methodologies
• Previous experience of working full stack
• Production experience working with distributed systems and cloud providers including AWS
• Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Previous experience in DevOps using Terraform will be a plus
• Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
• Experience working in an SOA development environment
• Strong experience in RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, MySQL)
• Experience in NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, Mongo DB)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Experience with Real-Time data analysis pipeline tools
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
• Must have worked in position/s which have product releases on a frequent basis with track record of delivering quality
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Able to communicate effectively with Senior leadership regarding estimates, status, etc
• Expert experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA process
• Adapts to change, open to new ideas, eager to take on new responsibilities, handles pressure well, and adjusts priorities to meet changing needs
• Results oriented and can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for improved results
• Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while promoting teamwork and group achievement
• Experience with bug / issues tracking tools such as JIRA
• Knowledge, skills and ability should be expressed in terms of 'need to know' - the required knowledge of techniques, processes, procedures, systems and the business generally (its products or services), and 'need to be able to do' - the skills required in each area of activity. These are the technical competencies required by the job.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkykm4-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.