Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Locations: Hollywood, CA | Scottsdale, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Who are we?
Ticketmaster, a proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, is the world's leading live event high tech ticketing company selling nearly 455 million tickets each year, supporting over 145,000 events and more than 12,000 clients in 21 countries worldwide. At Ticketmaster, we power the people who create culture through live events, connecting more passionate fans to those experiences than anyone else. We are innovators that embrace change and work hard to help others succeed. We believe in open communication and stress accountability, because fans and clients count on us every day. We strive for ease of use for our clients and fans while seeking out those who have a bias for action versus a desire for directives.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
At Ticketmaster we are the team that is responsible for our customer's account systems, providing high volume, low latency authentication systems for the fan facing experience. Being part of this team, you will be an integral member of the system that supports millions of fans and clients every day. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter and provides technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. You are responsible for translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products. You'll be challenged to envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow your technical/leadership skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.
• 7+ years of strong experience in designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling of distributed applications and services.
• Programming experience in developing applications using Java, Spring, Spring boot.
• Good Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented Design patterns, principles and computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Expert in building microservices, and RESTful APIs.
• Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging, fixing issues, and finding possibilities to automate routine tasks.
• Experience in a cloud-native stack; cloud services (e.g. AWS), containerized compute (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform), and CI/CD (e.g. GitLab).
• Professional experience and understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
• Understanding and experience in streaming data technologies (e.g. Kafka).
• Experience in creating testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring the quality of the product using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Mockito, WireMock, Jest.
• Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Jira, or equivalents.
• Exhibits outstanding communication, collaboration, time management, mentorship, and working independently or with a team seamlessly.
Nice to have
• Familiarity with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash.
• Experience in evaluating technical feasibility of a project, work breakdown and providing estimates on effort and risk.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.