Director Of Product Design
Los Angeles, CA
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiative. We are in the beginning of our journey to build an enterprise data platform capable to be a true underpinning of any data needs for the enterprise. Our mission is to make reliable data available and enable value creation by the data community of engineers, analysts and decision makers . Core Data Services team consists of Platform engineering team, Data Engineering, Data Enablement and Operations team.
Core Data Services is currently in process of adopting Spark as our main ETL engine and realizing the value of highly functional, performant and transparent Data Lake, all this while maintaining and streamlining existing data infrastructure and doing careful migration. Team's focus is on maximizing the functionality, value and content, optimizing cost of ownership and usability of delivered data services .
We see our success in creating a community of data engineers and analysts across the company who can utilize our platform, the Data Lake and data assets within it and to live to the expectation of our ambitious name: Core Data Services.
WHO ARE YOU?
As we are looking for senior QA engineer
- an experienced self-starter able to strengthen our QA practice for an enterprise data platform and establish best practices a solid foundation for scalable, repeatable and automated QA .
This is a unique opportunit y to stand up a data and ETL QA practice in a team which builds enterprise data platform. You will be responsible to design and implement instrumentation to ensure quality of engineering delivery directly affecting data quality, so your role will ensure quality results for the leading live entertainment company in the world.
We expect a high energy, self-starter mature QA engineer with a keen eye toward automation and deep understanding of QA best practices in the area of big data . The job will involve solving extremely challenging problems, fully owning your work and bring results that will ensure the delight of the clients.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Partner, collaborate with various stakeholders to help design , build a generic service-oriented QA framework using Python/ PySpark , SparkSQL / SQL
• Using the QA framework automate QA functions at scale such as testing data pipelines (batch + streaming ), comparing data sets across newer (Databricks Delta Lake, Snowflake) and legacy data platforms (Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
• Design, build, author, share reusable notebooks using charting/visualization (Python/ PySpark ) libraries that bring clarity to production issues / bugs / defects
**If you don't have any of these keywords
on your resume but have a successful track record in the QA and data domain and are motivated to learn and work on a modern data platform , please apply!
** If you don't have some
of these keywords
on your resume but are a great analyst /programmer and can spot code/data quality issues, please apply!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major, with 4 + years of related work experience
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: applied machine learning, machine learning infrastructure, market-facing machine learning product
• Experience with git, Airflow or any other workflow scheduling, AWS/GCP certification is a plus
• Experience with PySpark, SparkSQL, Databricks Delta Lake
• Strong SQL and Python • Exposure to various data formats (Parque, json, csv, pdf, xml)
• Experience with high velocity, high volume streaming data (Kafka) is preferred
• Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills
• Passion about techniques and solving challenging problems
• Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment
• Strong desire to succeed and can-do attitude
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yb50-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.