JR-63394 Senior Platform Engineer
Location: Ontario, Canada
Division: Ticketmaster Canada
Line Manager: Director - Developer Experience
Contract Terms: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.You will be part of a wider Technology organisation working in the Developer Experience team to deliver the tools, services, governance and support developers use at Ticketmaster to build, test, observe, secure, and deploy to our fans and clients.
In the role of Senior Engineer – Developer Experience, you will be responsible for contributing to the technical direction and implementation of Ticketmaster's software pipeline and observability platform. This platform is essential to Ticketmaster's business, providing the tooling, practices, and expertise that our development engineering teams leverage to deliver, observe, and maintain the Ticketmaster product suite.You will be responsible for ensuring that development teams have low friction, highly secure, highly available, cost-effective and consistent toolchain to deliver software within and effective tools to observe and operate that software in the framework of large enterprise compliance and governance needs.You will work closely with the Lead Engineer – Developer Experience, Principal Observability Engineer, software development engineers, technical operations engineers, architecture, PMO and vendors from around the globe to deliver these services.
Outline here what's happening currently within the division and why it's an exciting time to apply. The overall summary should lead naturally to the description of activities in the next section.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Work with Lead Engineers to assess the needs of Software Engineering against current offerings.
• Participate in and contribute to the daily, weekly, sprint cycle team ceremonies.
• Provide mentoring to team members.
• Assess and size effort associated with work backlog and participate in grooming.
• Advise and inform a program of work to mature the developer experience.
• Collaborate with an operations team to ensure highly available services and responsive respected developer support.
• Inform recommendations of strategic projects to mature and improve the software delivery pipeline.
• Participate in proofs of concepts, engineering, and implementation projects.
• Take ownership of services and products that form part of the larger software delivery and observability suite of tools.
• Deliver Managed Services that cover the following domains:
o Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
o Source ControloCode and Artefact Repositories
o Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration toolchains
o Job OrchestrationoLog Collection and Analysis
o Operational Metrics
o Distributed Tracing
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
Background in both Systems and Software Engineering.
• Competent developing software in 1 or more of Python, Golang, Java (can create custom unit tests for application code and implement error handing).
• Excellent system administration skills and strong application troubleshooting skills.
• You should have experience in maintaining, automating, and optimising services (Observability pipelines, Logging pipelines, Kubernetes Deployments, GitLab, VMWare).
• Experience implementing the CI/CD and observability toolchain.
• Previous experience of public clouds (AWS and Terraform).
• Knowledge and experience of containers and Kubernetes.
• Hands on experience delivering complex software in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with automation tools (Ansible or similar).
• Experience working in a remote team across multiple regions and time zones.
• Incident management.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Autonomous, proactive and flexible with your time.
• Passionate about the value of a streamlined software pipeline
• Passionate about providing greater transparency to health and status of Ticketmaster systems• Keenly empathetic to the day-to-day experience of software development teams• A transparent communicator
• Deeply concerned with the security and compliance implications of your services and solutions
• Capable of delivering and accepting empathetic, constructive criticism with reports, peers, leadership and stakeholders
• Conscious of the developers need for speed of delivery and the enterprise need for governance and cost management.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx247q-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.