Senior Operations Manager
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Financial Performance and Results:
• Meet or exceed budgetary expectations on all associated line items
• Cost control on F&B including Liquor
• Responsible for managing labor cost through proper staffing and schedule management
• Assist with developing monthly and quarterly specials, events, etc.
• Complete required paperwork in timely manner
• Assist with monthly building inventory
Recruitment, training and management of staff:
• Supervision of hourly staff and supervisors. Conduct annual evaluations and set goals for individuals and outline team action plans. Propose compensation recommendations to department director
• Hold departmental staff meetings to keep everyone informed of our problems/progress
• Maintain open door policy with staff
• Monitor progress of staff & management. Follow up/follow through to support to assist subordinates in reaching goals (continual coaching and guidance)
• Provide for ongoing training of staff as needed
• Oversee participation of staff in cross training/re-certification programs
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels - hiring, terminations, maintain disciplinary documentation per standards, ensure complete and thorough training of all staff and management
• Maintain positive staff relations (in all areas outlined in Manager evaluation form) Manages, coordinates and aids in execution/facilitation of all on-site training programs, seminars, operational rollouts and further learning & development needs (as per General Manager, AGM, HR Manager and Director of Training)
• Supervises all venue trainers, including all operations floor trainers and MIT trainers
• Weekly/daily periodic review and check of new Team Member Training Certification Guides and MIT Certification Manuals
• Conducts all TC Wrap-up Meetings, 30 Day Blues Reviews and communicates follow-up information to appropriate levels of management
• Conducts Quarterly training seminars with in-house non-exempt trainers for development and motivation
• Attends at all training seminars, conferences and conference telephone calls as outlined by Director of Learning & Development
• Attends venue level operations meetings on weekly or regular basis as outlined by Director of Venue Operations and General Manager
• Completes schedules for hourly staff on weekly basis
Maintain all Standards Set by House of Blues:
• Service Standards
• Housekeeping - conduct walk throughs
• Meet or exceed health and safety requirements
• Follow all policies and procedures as stated in Handbook and manuals
• Maintain operational supplies
• Full compliance in venue, city and state alcohol policies and procedures
• Ensure Smooth Operations of Department
• Keep guest feedback log
• Maintain 86 logs
• Completes incident reports
• Staffs coat check area
• Maintain, coordinate, and maximize labor based on nightly changes in sales/business volume.
• Ensure environmental standards are adequate (light, sound, room temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, table maintenance, promotional materials, etc.)
• Perform daily pre-shift and post-shift meetings
• Provide for liquor pulls and ensure accurate accounting
• Coordinate and oversee private/special events per event specifications
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• 1-3 years high volume experience in fine dining/restaurant/or club operations
• 1-2 years supervisory or operational management experience.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
• High School Diploma required
• College Degree in related field
• Responsible Alcohol Service certification
• T.I.P.S. Certified or equivalent
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Working environment is fast-paced and has a moderate to loud noise level
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping
• Ability to wear an earpiece for radio communication
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes t
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zy6n-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.