Director, Data Engineering Operations
Remote / Virtual
Location: US-based, flexible with international travel
Division: Ticketmaster Technology
Line Manager: Sr Manager, Network Services
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week with on call duties
You will be joining our Network Engineering team who are responsible for all network technology within our datacenters across the globe and connectivity to all ticketing systems. We are a lean group of engineers sharing a passion for networking and automation.
Using your deep knowledge and experience as a Sr Network Engineer you will fill an important role in the technology organization. You will work on more complex projects as well as day to day hands-on execution within our hybrid network design. You will be leading projects and complex tasks. You will work with your team and people outside your team utilizing network technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as being involved in setting the definition of standards and best practices for their use.
It's a great time to join Live Nation Entertainment: We are currently refreshing our infrastructure in our datacenters and implementing self-service and automation to manage and operate our network infrastructure.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Be part of designing larger-scale solutions that span several domains
• Make technical recommendations within and external to the network team
• Provides technical input and can work on components and solutions spanning multiple systems
• Offers guidance as well as training and mentorship to other team members
• Work on multi-technology solutions from development to delivery and finally operability
• Hands-on application of technologies and processes to support continuous improvement
• Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills to critical issues across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar
• Work closely with other teams in our Technology Organization
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Proven experience and expertise with varied network technologies and security, architecture and design suited for medium to large enterprises
• Knowledge of modern infrastructure practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Automation
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language
• Experience with technologies such as Docker, Ansible and Git
• Knowledge of public cloud technology
• Experience in troubleshooting the life of a packet from client to server – knowledge of Linux is an advantage here
• Experience designing & deploying Open Source and Commercial monitoring and observability tools
• You will have demonstrated experience working at a senior level within a technology-driven business
• Understanding of high-level infrastructure and application architecture
YOU (BEHAVIORAL SKILLS)
• Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first
• Does not make excuses for errors or problems; acknowledges and corrects mistakes
• Sees opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice. Generates unique but workable and useful solutions to difficult problems
• Thinks in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions. Finds ways to turn the ideal into reality. Experiments with new ideas, methodologies, and procedures
• Proactively anticipates and prevents problems that are not readily apparent on the surface. Devises, facilitates buy-in, makes recommendations, and guides implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for issues that cross organizational boundaries and are unclear in nature
• Obtains and shares information, ideas, and problems. Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship, and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions
• Strong, creative problem solving and analytical in nature
• Listens to, understands and interprets information/instructions correctly
• Ability to work well within a team both local and remote; achieved by helping others to succeed through learning and continuous improvement
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined and respectful
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy820-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.