Senior Software Engineer - .Net
London, United Kingdom
Location: London or Remote (UK)
Division: Ticketmaster, Technology Platform
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
You will be part of the Technology Platform team, which delivers the tools, services, governance and support developers use at Ticketmaster to build, test, secure, and deploy to our fans and clients.
In the role of Senior Engineer I – Developer Experience, you will be responsible for contributing to the technical direction and implementation of Ticketmaster's software pipeline and observability platform. This platform is essential to Ticketmaster's business, providing the tooling, practices, and expertise that our development engineering teams leverage to deliver, observe, and maintain the Ticketmaster product suite.
You will be responsible for ensuring that development teams have low friction, highly secure, highly available, cost-effective and consistent toolchain to deliver software within and effective tools to observe and operate that software in the framework of large enterprise compliance and governance needs.
You will work closely with the Lead Engineer – Developer Experience, software development engineers, technical operations engineers, architecture, PMO and vendors from around the globe to deliver these services.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Work with the Lead Engineer – Developer Experience to assess the needs of Software Engineering against current offerings
• Participate in and contribute to the daily, weekly, sprint cycle team ceremonies
• Provide mentoring to team members
• Assess and size effort associated with work backlog and participate in grooming
• Advise a program of work to mature the developer experience
• Collaborate with an operations team to ensure highly available services and responsive respected developer support
• Inform recommendations, of strategic projects to mature and improve the software delivery pipeline
• Participate in proofs of concepts, engineering, and implementation projects
• Deliver Managed Services that cover the following domains:
• Code and Artifact Repositories
• Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
• Secrets Management
• Configuration Repository and Management
• Execution Bus
• Log Collection and Analysis
• Operational Metrics
• Distributed Tracing
• Container Build Standards and Automation
• Continuous Delivery
• Background in both Systems and Software Engineering
• Competent developing software in 1 or more of Python, Golang, Java (can create custom unit tests for application code)
• You should have experience in maintaining, automating and optimising services (Secrets Management, Service Discovery)
• Experience implementing the CI/CD and observability toolchain
• Previous experience of public clouds (AWS and Terraform)
• Knowledge and experience of containers and Kubernetes cluster
• Hands on experience delivering complex software in an enterprise environment
• Experience with automation tools (Chef, Ansible)
• Experience working in a remote team across multiple regions and time zones
• Incident management
• Great problem-solving skills
• Good attitude and a self-starter who can be given a complex task and break it into smaller pieces
• Works well with other engineers, both learning from others and sharing latest ideas with the team
• Want to continuously learn and take on new challenges and develop new skills for their engineering toolkit
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d974bm-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.