Location: London -Angel/home-based
Division: Ticketmaster UK
Line Manager: Database Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent
As part of the Global Database Services Team, we build, support and maintain Ticketmaster's database platforms within the Technical Operations group. Our team supports 24*7 operational functions, as well as engineering and architectural roles relating to our database platforms and services, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Join our database team and be a core member of a group supporting the world's largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a ''infrastructure as code'' mindset and migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. We use various database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world's largest ticketing system and serving 170M customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology and will have an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a team with a great culture!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Continuously improving the reliability and performance of existing open-source database platforms, both cloud and on-prem solutions
• Deliver self-service tools to facilitate the usability of the datastore services to help the engineering development (or developer) success
• Collaborate with other database engineering teams to build tools which would facilitate and increase the efficiency of operation routine tasks
• Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and understand how to integrate them to improve our platforms and services
• Provide sufficient user support of the tools and maintain the quality of the delivered tools
• Plan the growth and manage the capacity and the life cycle of the current production open-source database platforms.
• Provide database advisory expertise to collaborating engineering teams (database change reviews, database architecture solution, benchmark testing, PoC collaboration, performance tuning, troubleshooting etc.).
• Support and debug database production issues and investigate external services or other levels of the architecture stack for root cause analysis.
• Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting to pre-empt outages
• Participate in the On-Call rotation, including L1 On-Call for the overall enterprise database stacks, and provide support during scheduled ticketing OnSale hours
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Few years of experience designing, managing, operating, and scaling open-source and/or proprietary databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or Hadoop. (required to be domain expert at least two technologies)
• Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef), can orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
• Proven experience working on AWS DB solutions and their ecosystems (Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Eventbus, SNS and AMI, etc.)
• Experience with high-level programming language in a software engineering or data engineering role. (Python, Java, Django, or Go)
• Desired familiarity with Git version control system
• Deep knowledge of data store technologies. Such as relational and NoSQL core knowledge, high availability, replication/sharding and DR solution, database observability (metrics, dashboards, and alerts).
• Provide guidance and best practices on how to design database schemas for various business requirements
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Have experience working in a distributed remote environment
• Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC, and provide the best datastore solutions to meet the business requirement
• Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects
• Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
• Strong background on datastore technologies
• Understand and willing to adopt SDLC and Agile best practices
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell
• Have a strong level of independence
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r718e9-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.