Senior Data Engineer II (Databricks)
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
The fan experience is constantly evolving. People don't go to concerts just to hear their favorite artists play their favorite songs. They go to fully immerse themselves in a truly unique ''moment in time'' experience; one that will never be repeated again. At Ticketmaster and Live Nation, we are charged with helping create that experience, making it memorable to each and every fan in its own unique way. We do this, first and foremost, by making every effort to understand our fans. Because once we understand our fans, we can help personalize their experiences. As the Data Services team, it is our mission to help provide the best fan experience possible by getting to know who our fans are and how they go about their Ticketmaster and Live Nation journey, always on the lookout for ways to improve it.
As a Senior Data Engineer within this Data Services team, you will be putting your Databricks knowledge and experience to work as you collaborate with teams of Data Engineers, Infrastructure and Product Managers to build and maintain the new data infrastructure platform for all of Live Nation and Ticketmaster. Monitoring, logging, alerting , automating and metric collection to maintain the integrity of our systems will be critical to our success. The support you provide for both analytical and operational functions will aim to create the best possible experience for every one of our fans.
If you meet this description and are interested in working with others who share the same passion in a collaborative, ego-free environment, please apply today!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Setting up and maintaining Databricks in AWS cloud
• Automate and manage provisioning needs, such as Databricks Cluster Policies, Unity Catalog, Secrets Management, Role Based Access Control model and permissions
• Monitoring data pipelines for performance and errors.
• Tune Databricks for performance and cost utilization optimization
• Administering security access to Databricks system
• Troubleshooting user and platform related issues
• Spark tuning and addressing performance issues
• Engaging Databricks vendor support as needed
• Maintaining Infrastructure as code
• Support CICD processes including GITLAB
• Define standards and practices for data retention, backups, and business continuity use cases
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience with AWS, including common services like S3, EC2, Airflow and Cloudwatch
• 3+ yrs of hands on experience on Databricks platform administration and Unity Catalog
• Experience maintaining infrastructure as code and IT automation tools (Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc)
• Strong experience with Python
• Experience with integrating other platforms like Snowflake, MySQL with Databricks
• A proven track record of administration, engineering, and operationalizing Databricks platform in a production mode at scale for Data Engineering, Data Science or MLOps use cases
• Strong communication skills to keep stakeholders and clients informed and provide excellent quality of service
• Experience with application monitoring technologies (e.g. Prometheus and Grafana)
• Strong aptitude for prototyping and learning new technologies
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Vision and Dental benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Generous paid time off policy including paid holidays, sick time and paid days off for your birthday, Free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and childcare cash, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Live Nation's policy regarding vaccinations and masking will evolve based upon updated regulations and factors related to COVID-19. Currently, we strongly encourage employees to be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test within  hours of entering an office.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vkj4-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.