WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Live Nation's Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales... we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support... it's no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine's ''50 Companies that Care''. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We seek an experienced analyst to join the Talent Analytics department – a dedicated vertical of the Insights & Analytics team. The role will sit at the intersection of data and disruption. The ideal candidate is curious, creative, and excited to lead with insights. This position plays an essential role in supporting Touring and Talent leadership.
The individual will work closely with the director of talent analytics and talent leadership to produce reports, dashboards, and analyses that will inform critical business decisions and track progress against key initiatives. The individual must be fluent in reporting and business intelligence tools, with a proven ability to leverage data to solve problems.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
• Support Touring and Talent team with high-impact projects, models, and analyses.
• Build financial models to support business leaders in decision-making.
• Create actionable reporting, analyses, and dashboards.
• Build automated reporting of talent initiatives and KPIs
• Work with touring and talent leaders on cross-functional projects and initiatives.
• Create visualizations and dashboards using BI tools
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING:
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in accounting, finance, business, economics, statistics or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in a role that interfaces with leadership preferred. Relevant analytical experience such as consulting or corporate business analysis is a plus.
• Detail-oriented, with a desire to understand every aspect of the business and independently identify and pursue improvement opportunities.
• Advanced MS Excel skills are required.
• Exceptional analytical and data modeling skills.
• Experience with executive level trackers, and reports required.
• Experience with BI reporting & Tableau (in addition to other similar programs and platforms)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – must distill data into actionable insights.
• Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights.
• Ability to participate in a collaborative team environment and willing to work when necessary to help get overall team goals accomplished.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to interact with senior leaders and management, as well as business staff at all levels.
• Experience applying these skills to improve operational performance is a plus.
• Ability to work flexible hours in support of the business.
• Entertainment industry experience a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk9km-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.