Data Engineer - Platform
Remote / Virtual
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the Fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
This role is within our Global IT and Salesforce Technology department and will report to the Senior Director, Global Salesforce Architecture. This role will work in partnership with the project team which will consist of 3rd party consultants, the Global Salesforce Business Analyst Team, the Global Salesforce Operations (Administrator) Team and the Global Salesforce PMO function.
The Global Salesforce Team supports B2B Salesforce across the entire Ticketmaster business globally, with core teams located in North America and the United Kingdom and a significant number of work-from-home team members. The team operates within the broader Salesforce footprint of our corporate parent, Live Nation.
The Global Salesforce Team is a service organization dedicated to delivering world-class enabling technology to the global Ticketmaster and International Live Nation businesses. As such, the team prides itself on building and maintaining close relationships with business leaders as well as developing a deep understanding of the business processes and challenges they face every day. Every member of the team has a business-first, technology-second mindset.
The service organization ethos fully applies internally to our team as well. We pride ourselves on supporting each other, putting our heads together to solve problems, and collaborating to maximize each individual's skills and potential.
The team is tasked with assuring that the Salesforce platform and its associated technologies are properly maintained following best practice methodologies and importantly following our global data privacy and governance models, our audit and compliance policies and procedures, along with ensuring our systems are kept safe and secure following both IT, Compliance, Data Privacy and Information Security policies.
This role supports existing Salesforce deployments as well as implementing new features.
This role is in support of a large initiative within the Ticketmaster B2B Salesforce team. We have two Salesforce orgs that accomplish very similar use cases, but in different geographies. This project seeks to merge one org into the other. This is a large program as the two systems support approximately 2,000 users in 25+ countries.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for data integrity, hygiene and migration through the project. S/he will be a core project team member and participate for the full lifecycle, championing data migration and quality.
The role is expected to last approximately one year with potential for extension.
This team is ''client facing'' in that team members often collaborate directly with the business to further project goals, such as collecting or clarifying requirements or coordinating user acceptance testing. All team members must be comfortable interacting with nontechnical staff at all levels and will apply communication and analysis skills in addition to core technical capabilities.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Working with key business SMEs and stakeholders, this individual will:
• Identify fields that are disused and potentially can be removed
• Inform user experience by identifying field usage
• Reconcile fields containing equivalent or similar data across the two orgs, including picklist values
• Map objects and fields from the source org to the target org
• Identify the data migration strategy – big-bang, incremental, etc
• Conduct ''test fires'' to identify potential pitfalls in migration
• Execute the final migration between the two systems
The tools this individual uses in these tasks are TBD.
• 1-3 years' hands-on experience in as a data or business analyst on the Salesforce platform
• Completion of one or more projects moving complex data structures between two Salesforce orgs
• Experience using a data cleansing and migration tool such as DemandTools
• Strongly Preferred
• Career Salesforce professional
• Hands-on experience configuring Salesforce solutions
• Strong ''instincts'' to build solutions that are architecturally sound, maintainable, and scalable
• Client-facing experience in a consulting organization
• Experience working with and/or migrating multilingual data
• Experience as a business analyst or project manager
• Bachelor's degree. Candidates with nontechnical or alternative academic backgrounds are welcome.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to organize large amounts of information in a way that can be presented and easily consumed by leadership to make business decisions
• Strong customer service orientation - ability to interface effectively and establish quick credibility with enterprise business leaders, as well as support team members to maximize their potential
• Ability to lead and work in an Agile development environment (i.e. Backlog Refinement, Sprint Loading)
• Ability to travel for training, occasional team meetings, and projects, including international travel (typically 2-3 weeks/year)
• Ability to think clearly under pressure and flexible to change
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills working with complex system, process, and data issues
• Strong business acumen, innately resourceful, curious, and smart when solving problems
• Time/task management and organization skills to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Work well in a virtual team environment with strong collaboration skills
• Meticulous attention to detail, organization, and commitment to quality
• Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements, and changes to the system
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3e15-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.