Senior Software Engineer - .Net
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
THE TEAM: Smart Queue
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
At Ticketmaster, QA engineering plays a critical role in the delivery of reliable, performant software. Quality engineers partner with and support software developers as they build innovative products and support highly-available applications. QA engineers write automation to speed up feature development, to prevent regression, and to expose bugs and implementation errors. QA engineers write and run load tests to simulate traffic and load on application components.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Write efficient tests using Cucumber BDD.
• Build automation, setup testing frameworks and libraries, and work with Selenium
• Perform functional, usability, performance, and load tests on web applications and services
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of features from a quality perspective
• Write clear Java code
• Interact with Product to assess new features and prevent regression for existing ones
• Assist in root cause analysis and debugging of application errors
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Couple of years of related experience in quality engineering
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience writing automation for e-commerce applications
• Knowledge of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services, and Messaging
• Experience writing Java code and debugging performance issues
• Knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as React
• Clear communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Ability to document technical solutions
• Familiarity with load testing tools like Gatling
• Experience with browser-based and server-side automation tools
• Work-life balance-we develop software at a steady rate
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You embrace creativity and take risks as we encourage innovation
• You think in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions
• You promote cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You are a team player who helps others in the team succeed
• You are results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience in distributed, scalable systems
• You keep abreast of new products, technologies and dev releases as we face exciting new challenges every day and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
• You can communicate clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information conveyed
• You anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes including developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
• You have clear opinions about technical design and code style
• You are comfortable with context-switching
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nyxq-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.