Full Time Job
Product Manager - Sports
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionLocation: Stoke-on-Trent - UK OR Athens, Greece, and flexible with international travel
Division: Ticketmaster International
Line Manager: VP Product Sports
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
The International Sports Product Team is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Ticketmaster's next generation of sports business applications for our clients and partners. These applications are part of a diverse suite of tools, mainly for sports clients and organisation, including B2C & B2B ticketing tools to manage seasons, events, memberships, allocations, business intelligence and operational reporting, cross business collaboration tools, and payments, financial settlement and point of sales applications for selling tickets on-line, at venues, outlets and call centres.
As a Product Manager in our Sports team, you will be responsible for developing and optimising our sports platforms which support many large sporting venues and tournaments across the globe. You will combine outstanding product vision with hands-on skills, working with a multi-disciplinary team, you will define, plan, develop and launch new and existing products to ensure our business leads the way in the live entertainment industry.
Your key focus is delivering systems to sports teams or organisations to represent their brand providing modern and simple solutions for their complicated requirements to meet their fan's needs. Working with our customers (clients, fans, venues and partners) defining requirements and working closely with the creativity of our design and engineering teams.
The responsibilities for the role cover identifying market opportunities, stakeholder management, product planning, requirements gathering and product specification creation. You will be responsible for one or more products and services across international domains from inception to launch and will drive a cross-functional team to ensure Ticketmaster delivers on its core business goals.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Working with the sports product team to deliver product vision and strategy for Sports products.
• Build excellent relationships with all of our internal and external customers in order to clearly understand and represent their business needs for each product.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of our external business customers and their system needs through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Identify and research market opportunities through existing and cutting-edge technologies presenting findings and recommendations back to the sports product & technology teams demonstrating the business value of the proposed solution.
• Drive product solutions with regards to goals, business case, functional requirements, design and user interface.
• Define product specifications using clear, consistent and unambiguous user stories and acceptance criteria with any supporting documentation required.
• Constantly update and prioritise product and business requirements using Roadmaps, Sprint and Product Backlogs.
• Work closely with Clients, Business Representatives, Engineers, Architecture, QA, Design, Project Management and Support teams during the release process to provide clarity around product feature definition, customer requirements and Sprint goals.
• Working with marketing, ad services, client account management and legal governance teams throughout the development cycle to ensure the product meets expectations.
• Track the business value of new features or enhancements using key performance indicators, reporting on ROI over agreed timeframes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Mobile responsive websites, B2C e-commerce properties with high traffic and B2B.
• Interpreting business needs and converting to requirements for design and development teams.
• Agile product management techniques, including Epic and Story creation.
• Stakeholder management skills, including experience in dealing with remote colleagues, across business areas and levels.
• Product research and discovery skills including competitive analysis, usage reporting, data modelling, and testing.
• Good understanding of Google Analytics.
• Desirable practical experience of working with public facing web services/APIs/B2B applications.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Interest in learning new methodologies and processes.
• Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills with a strong emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate the user journey.
• Strong quantitative & qualitative analytical abilities.
• Interest in software / online technologies and excellent general technical skills.
• Good understanding of B2B & B2C technologies (sports ticketing systems will be an advantage).
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and aptitude to propose solutions.
• Natural curiosity about how things work and confidence with technical details.
• Results and delivery focused with an eye for quality and reusability.
• Ability to adjust priorities and approaches.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Drive to be a subject matter expert and ambition to grow in the role.
• Ownership and strive to complete good quality work for the delivery of product features and enhancements.
• Actively participate in the development of a self-managing cross functional team where every member of a project or release believes that they are ''all in this together''.
• Holding a Certified Product Owner certification will be an advantage.
• Must be able to work overtime as and when required including international travel and attending conference calls with international team members.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx35k1-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.