jOB DESCRIPTION – PMO Manager
Location: USA, Flexibility for timezone and travel required
Division: Ticketmaster NA
Line Manager: Director, PMO
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40hours, Full Time
At Ticketmaster we are leaders in the business of selling the live entertainment experience to fans around the world.
The Global Project Management Office (PMO) at Ticketmaster is a team of skilled and experienced project management professionals. PMO works closely with our technology, operational and commercial partners to deliver strategic projects and programs across multiple countries and continents, across multiple technologies using various project frameworks and methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PMO Manager who can apply the principles of professional project management to develop our products, tools and service offerings within our complex global organisation.
You will have extensive experience of delivering programs in a mixed methodology environment, providing a consistent, reliable service to sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues and the Global PMO Team. In this role you will manage and deliver programs by coordinating activities and delivery across multiple, related projects that span technology and operational teams and areas. These programs deliver strategic initiatives that enable business transformation in the short to mid-term. You will be comfortable with complexity and will have the aptitude and contextual perspective to understand how multiple parts work together. You will be able to adapt to different areas of the business to meet demands. You will be considered an expert in program management and will provide advice, coaching and support on all aspects of teamwork, project and program management, governance and control, methodologies and organisation of the business. You will also manage a team of project management professionals in a mixed methodology environment, and will work together to provide a consistent, reliable service to sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues and the Global PMO Team.
You will understand the importance of setting objectives and agreeing a set of key results to demonstrate the success of outcomes and initiatives. Crucially, you will be a great communicator – you'll be able to communicate through metrics, showcases and presentations and tailor messages appropriately for the target audience whether discussing project health with the executive team or presenting at a conference.
The person in this role will have the ability and gravitas to lead, inspire and motivate teams. At Ticketmaster we understand that it is our people and our teams who make us great. You will be a team player who works closely with peers to agree effective strategies for delivering business outcomes. You will ensure team structures support delivery and you will help teams deliver rapidly and safely.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Manage and deliver programs by coordinating activities and delivery across multiple, related projects that span technology and operational teams and areas
• Accountable for delivering strategic initiatives that enable business transformation in the short to mid-term (1-3 years)
• Provides input on quarterly prioritisation
• Ability to adapt to different areas of the business to manage and deliver programs where needed
• Comfortable with complexity with a high level, contextual perspective and understanding for how multiple parts work together to fulfil a strategic objective that can transform business
• Recruit and develop project management professionals, hold regular 1-2-1s and performance management reviews, agree personal objectives and be able to translate performance improvements into financial values
• Provide advice, coaching and support on all aspects of teamwork, project and program management, governance and control, methodologies and organisation of the business
• Proven experience within the fields of Project and Program Management
• Analyse and provide regular status reports that are objective and reflect the true state of progress
• Ensure that projects/programs are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools
• Collaborate with teams to identify, log, track and resolve principles of professional project management such as Risk, Issue, Dependency, Decision and Change Management, Resource and Capacity Management and leverage these to improve control and visibility
• Coordinate activities to promote work flow and manage escalations either within the team or to sponsors and executives when needing steer
• Mange the complete lifecycle and facilitate the team to transition from phase to phase
• You will be passionate about continuous improvement and the benefits that formal improvement techniques can bring to the organisation
• Champion, maintain and improve PMO best practises to ensure the company and new members of the team are aware of and understand the value in these processes and principles
• Travel to other Ticketmaster offices when needed to support teams, maintain relationships and co-ordinate launch activities
• Provide advice and guidance to new or junior members of the team and provide support to colleagues and managers alike
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Fluent in English with an approach that inspires confidence through verbal, written and presentation skills and delivers clear and concise information tailored for different stakeholders and situations
• Able to build rapport quickly to establish trust, respect and confidence that builds excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, and external vendors, to ensure objectives are understood, expectations set and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project or program lifecycle
• Excellent facilitation skills to conduct meetings and workshops that encourage attendees to participate and collaborate effectively and efficiently ranging from small ideation sessions, to internal conferences, to formal steering groups
• Facilitate planning with teams to generate and develop plans and roadmaps that provide clarity for the team and sponsors, drawing on a variety of estimation techniques and planning tools
• Ensure the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and guidelines are understood and adhered too
• An excellent understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, with the knowledge and experience to critically analyse current best practices for suitability within Ticketmaster
• Experienced and knowledgeable in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, as well as other forecast and estimation tools and technics
• Qualified in a recognised Project Management methodology (Prince II, PMI, etc)
• Extremely competent in using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision, while able to provide accountability of progress through regular reporting and communication
• Proven experience in managing teams and multiple programs of work. Central to this will be your ability to set clear objectives, mentor, offer career counselling and recruit high calibre individuals
• You possess the ability to provide accurate resource forecasts at any point in time for use
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzvkj-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.