Ancillary Sales Team- Dos Equis Pavilion
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
• Responsible for all day-to-day operations and overall business conditions for a given shift
Financial Performance and Results
• Meet or exceed budgetary expectations on all associated line items
• Cost control on labor, F&B, Liquor
• Responsible for managing labor cost, including overtime
• Assist with developing monthly and quarterly specials, events, etc.
• Manage staff hours to ensure we are not exceededing budget
• Complete all necessary paperwork
• Z bartenders, sharks, portable bars and cocktailers daily
• Ensure timely completion of all necessary paper work
• Assist with monthly building inventory
Recruitment, training and management of staff
• Conduct annual evaluations of hourly staff and supervisors. Set goals for individuals and outline team's action plans. Propose raise recommendations to department director.
• Maintain open door policy
• Hold departmental staff meetings to keep everyone informed of our problems/progress
• Monitor progress of staff & management. Follow up/follow through of subordinates in reaching goals (continual coaching and guidance)
• Provide for ongoing training of staff as needed
• Oversee participation of staff in cross training/re-certification programs
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels - hiring, terminations, maintain disciplinary documentation per HOB standards, ensure complete and thorough training of all staff and management (department director sign off)
• Maintain positive staff relations (in all areas outlined in Manager evaluation form) Manages, coordinates and aids in execution/facilitation of all on-site training programs, seminars, operational rollouts and further learning & development needs (as per General Manager, AGM, HR Manager and Director of Learning & Development).
• Supervises all venue trainers, including all operations floor trainers and MIT trainers. Duties would include (but not limited to)
• Interviewing and selection of training
• Annual reviews
• Conducts audits of trainers and trainees on weekly/monthly basis or as outlined by AGM and/or Human Resources Manager.
• Conducts on-site Alcohol Awareness Certification classes as outlined by state, county and federal guidelines for that region.
• Weekly/daily periodic review and check of new Team Member Training certification Guides and MIT Certification Manuals.
• Conducts all TC Wrap-up Meetings, 30 Day Blues Reviews and communicates follow-up information to appropriate levels of management.
• Conducts Quarterly training seminars with in-house non-exempt trainers for development and motivation.
• Attends at all training seminars, conferences and conference telephone calls as outlined by Director of Learning & Development.
• Attends venue level operations meetings on weekly or regular basis as outlined by Director of Venue Operations and General Manager
• Completes schedules for hourly staff on weekly basis
Maintain all Standards Set by House of Blues
• Service Standards
• Housekeeping - conduct walk through
• Meet or exceed health and safety requirements
• Follow all policies and procedures as stated in Handbook and manuals
• Maintain operational supplies
• Full compliance in house, city and state alcohol policies and procedures
Ensure Smooth Operations of Department
• Keep guest feedback log
• Maintain 86 logs
• Completes incident reports
• Staffs coat check area
• Maintain, coordinate, and maximize labor based on nightly changes in sales/business volume.
• Ensure environmental standards are adequate (light, sound, room temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, table maintenance, promotional materials, etc.)
• Perform daily pre-shift and post-shift meetings
• Provide for liquor pulls and ensure accurate accounting
• Coordinate and over-see private/special events per event specifications
• Assist with music hall, restaurant, retail, brunch and foundation room operations as needed
• Any other duties asked
• Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• 1-3 years high volume experience in fine dining/restaurant/or club operations
• 1-2 years supervisory or operational management experience.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
• High School Diploma required
• College Degree in related field
• Responsible Alcohol Service certification
• T.I.P.S. Certified or equivalent
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Working environment is fast-paced and has a moderate to loud noise level
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping
• Ability to wear an earpiece for radio communication
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88box-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.