Full Time Job
Music Hall Director House Of Blues
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 465 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 25,500 shows annually for nearly 3,300 artists in 37 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world's leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the over 63 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
• Responsible for day to day and overall business operations of an assigned venue department.
Team Member Recruitment, Training and Development:
• Recruitment and Training of Department Managers and Supervisors
• Conducts annual performance appraisals of managers/supervisors
• Provides for development of Managers and Supervisors
• Conducts performance counseling and ensures Discipline/Termination procedures follow all HOB guidelines
• Ensures conflict resolution procedures are followed
• Ensure compliance with HOB Workplace Standards
• Facilitate proper inter-departmental communication and organization
• Assist and support Team Members in any of their job functions as needed
Ensuring Optimal Guest Experience
• Maintains appropriate HOB environment
• Maintain all HOB guest service standards
• Maintain high level of Guest Relations Enhancing Revenue/ Controlling Costs
• Maintains HOB systems for all cost controls/inventories
• Assist GM in preparation of annual budget/planning process and Quarterly Operating Plans
• Develop strategies to Generate/Enhance Revenue
• Maintains controllable expenses and establishes effective cost control systems
Ensure Environmental Quality and Ambiance
• Ensures atmosphere is conducive to a quality experience (lighting, sound, room temperature, cleanliness, light of sight, table maintenance, VIP seating, etc.)
• Maintains standard operating procedures
• Ensures applicable health and safety requirements are met or exceeded
Essential Personal & Interpersonal Skills
• Capable of maintaining a positive attitude
• Maintains objective viewing all circumstances
• Listens empathetically to Management and hourly Team Members
• Maintains organization and focus
• Takes creative risks to enhance revenue
• Behaves professionally to maintain/enhance positive image of HOB
• Thinks creatively to produce new possibilities in all areas of operations
• Maintains and engenders composure to assuage volatile situations
• Shows respect by considering the rights and dignity of others rather than just self
• Communicates assertively in a non-aggressive, candid manner
• Maintains personal integrity by abiding by and supporting the values and principals of the company
• Coordinates with marketing, talent and box office departments on special promotions and/or guest lists
• (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• High school diploma
• 3-5 Years experience in high volume restaurant experience
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Previous experience with managing purchasing, receiving, & inventories
• Previous P&L responsibility and knowledge of accounting techniques
• College Degree
• TIPS certified or equivalent
• Responsible Alcohol Service certification
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Ability to lift 75lbs for liquor pulls, beer kegs, etc.
• Environment is often fast paced, loud and stressful
• Lifting and bending
• Able to wear a radio earpiece during the scheduled shift
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zjoj-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.