Location: Remote / United Kingdom
Division: Ticketmaster UK
Contract Terms: Permanent
Ticketmaster's Public Cloud team is responsible for managing our global AWS cloud platform which supports thousands of developers and key Ticketmaster services. We manage and scale the AWS infrastructure, perform operational support and monitoring, implement and maintain governance controls, and develop best practice methodologies and Infrastructure as Code for development teams. Our mission is to build and maintain reliable, scalable and secure public cloud services which can be easily consumed or used by technology teams via API's or self-service tools. Automation is in our DNA and we strive to make our services simple and easy to use.
Ticketmaster is seeking a talented Lead Cloud Engineer to join our team and expand our capabilities to manage, maintain and modernize our current and future public cloud capabilities. Specifically, you will be an individual contributor responsible for supporting the overall operations, reliability, security, scalability and optimization of our global AWS cloud platform which supports critical business applications.
You will design and implement tools and systems that automate building and operating reliable services and platform capabilities. You will bring your past AWS experience and knowledge to directly influence the next generation of cloud consumption and governance. You will write tools to automate routine and complex tasks, and troubleshoot AWS related issues. The position includes collaboration with development teams to design a scalable and supportable service-oriented architecture. This role will be expected to be an AWS subject matter expert, initiating and driving efforts to improve the platform architecture as well as automation and tooling. You will work closely with technical operations leadership, architecture, internal product teams, cyber security, and AWS as part of this position.
This is an exciting time to come on board with Ticketmaster, as we look to the ''Return to Live''. We will be focusing on efforts towards modernization and operability, expanding capacity, and enhancing our platforms in a number of ways.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Contribute in enhancing and modernizing the current AWS platform to meet future Ticketmaster requirements
• Provide operational support to the global cloud platform, including consultation and operational support work with development teams
• Design scalable, automated and maintainable solutions for AWS account management and governance in a large multi-account organization
• Establish, promote, enhance, and deploy cloud governance capabilities via automation. This includes identity and access management controls, security controls and guardrail implementation, and compliance monitoring solutions.
• Implement security and governance controls to satisfy PCI requirements, participate in PCI assessments, and continuously monitor adherence
• Act as liaison with Ticketmaster internal information security groups (risk management, CSIRT, Incident Management, and PCI compliance teams)
• Maintain and enhance IaC tooling capabilities and develop reusable IaC components
• Assess the application and service requirements of Development teams and make architecture and implementation recommendations.
• Collaborate and engage with internal technology groups, such as Information Security, Network Engineering, and Cost Optimization to enhance existing public cloud best practices and implementation, to include, IaC, security requirements, networking and efficiency
• • Cultivate and foster knowledge sharing with Development teams about public cloud capabilities
• Contribute to our team's agile scrum practices
• Mentor junior engineers and discuss design and solutions with peers.
• Respond to, recover from, and prevent future occurrences of failures & outages
• Participate in on-call rotation and potentially some after-hours support as required
• Contribute to technology strategies and promotes alignment to maximize delivery and performance
• Implement PoCs to assess solutions alongside Platform and Product Delivery teams.
• Create custom scripts (Go, Python, Shell) to create reports, identify issues, and perform tasks as required
• Manage code for build, automation, & tests using version control repository (GitLab) and CICD pipelines
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Advanced knowledge in best practices and standards for AWS, specifically AWS related to infrastructure, operations, IaC, networking, multi account management, IAM, Governance, security, and cost optimization
• Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and best practices
• Strongly desired: AWS Certifications and cloud security / networking experience
• Infrastructure as Code, primarily Terraform
• CI/CD Delivery and Testing, specifically. Gitlab CI
• Linux, Containers and Container Orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Flatcar, Fedora Core OS ).
• A solid practical knowledge of Cloud Native Technologies and Open Source software.
• Solid knowledge in Security best practices and the ability to help assess security risks.
• Experience working as a key contributor in a fully remote team
• Extremely knowledgeable on AWS and AWS security and a cloud related subject matter
• Autonomous and proactive
• Passionate about technology and transformation
• Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpn33-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.