Location: Remote, North America or Europe
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Line Manager: Director – Developer Experience
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
You will be part of the Technology Platform team, which delivers the tools, services, governance and support developers use at Ticketmaster to build, test, secure, and deploy to our fans and clients.
In the role of Lead Observability Engineer – Developer Experience, you will be responsible for leading technical direction and implementation of Ticketmaster's software pipeline, focussing on the monitoring and observability platform. This platform is essential to Ticketmaster's business, providing the tooling, practices, and visibility that our development engineering teams leverage to deliver, observe, and maintain the Ticketmaster product suite.
You will be responsible for ensuring that development teams have low friction, highly secure, highly available, cost-effective and consistent toolchain to deliver software within and effective tools to monitor, observe and operate that software in the framework of large enterprise compliance and governance needs.
You will work closely with the Director – Developer Experience, software development leadership, technical operations leadership, architecture, PMO and vendors from around the globe to deliver these services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Work with the Director – Developer Experience to assess the needs of Software Engineering against current offerings
• Participate in and occasionally lead the daily, weekly, sprint cycle team ceremonies and ensure efficient activities of the team aligned to goals
• Provide mentoring to team members
• Assess and size effort associated with work backlog and participate in grooming
• Advise and inform a program of work to rationalise and mature the monitoring and observability toolchain
• Leading technical discussions and requirements analysis with partners and customers to drive alignment with customer needs
• Define best practices around making systems and services measurable and work with various teams to get those best practices applied
• Collect, aggregate and visualize the collected metrics to provide integrators and consumers with actionable insight
• Interview and participate in building a team to establish a center of excellence and expertise in the Monitoring and Observability domains
• Participate in regular planning cycles to align business priorities to programs of work within your organization
• Inform recommendations, including resourcing, of strategic projects to mature and improve the monitoring and observability platform
• Lead proofs of concepts, engineering, and implementation projects
• Deliver Managed Services that cover the following domains:
• Log Collection and Analysis
• Operational Metrics
• Distributed Tracing
• Code and Artifact Repositories
• Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
• Secrets Management
• Configuration Repository and Management
• Execution Bus
• Container Build Standards and Automation
• Continuous Delivery
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Background in both Systems and Software Engineering
• Competent developing software in 1 or more of Python, Golang, Ruby, C (implement defensive programming, error handling, testing frameworks)
• You should have experience in designing, automating, maintaining and optimising observability platforms (logging, metric and tracing)
• Expertise and experience in delivering large-scale systems using big data technologies including but not limited to: Enterprise scale Kafka, Splunk, Prometheus, and other Time Series databases
• Abreast of industry standards and trends related to telemetry and software pipelines
• Experience rationalising and implementing monitoring and observability toolchain at enterprise scale
• Previous experience of public clouds (AWS and Terraform)
• Knowledge and experience of containers and Kubernetes cluster
• Hands on experience consolidating application and system logs at enterprise scale
• Experience with automation tools (Chef, Ansible)
• Experience working in a remote team across multiple regions and time zones
• Incident management
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Autonomous and proactive.
• Passionate about the value of a well-defined and easy to integrate with telemetry platform
• Passionate about providing greater transparency to health and status of Ticketmaster systems
• Keenly empathetic to the day to day experience of software development teams
• A transparent communicator
• Deeply concerned with the security and compliance implications of your services and solutions
• Capable of delivering and accepting empathetic, constructive criticism with reports, peers, leadership and stakeholders
• Conscious of the developers need for speed of delivery and the enterprise need for governance and cost management
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj291w-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.