Technology Support Specialist
Manchester, United Kingdom
Location: Manchester, with UK Wide Travel
Division: Ticketmaster UK – Enterprise Support
Line Manager: Technology Support Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
The Technology Support team are a customer focused service delivery team providing technical support and installations services across the various business units and client base. We are a key department responsible for the successful delivery of major events and festivals as well as ensuring the ongoing support and maintenance of our fixed client base and owned and operated venues. Focused on providing high levels of customer and client satisfaction we are driven to provide safe, secure and reliable solutions and services that enables fans to enjoy the experience of Live
The IT Support Engineer will focus their day to day by providing support to our clients and the wider Ticketmaster and Live Nation business either remotely or in person. Supporting a wide range of products, peripherals and Ticketmaster proprietary software you will need to be technology focused and customer-centric.
Outside of the day to day norm you will often work in the pressurised but enjoyable environment of festivals and outdoor events installing and supporting a wide range of hardware and software solutions that provide fans with a seamless and enjoyable experience attending live events.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Installation and support of Ticketmaster proprietary software and hardware (e.g. ticket printers, handheld devices and Point of Sale)
• Installing and supporting network devices including wireless access points, routers, switches, bridges etc
• Upgrading and replacing hardware and software as and when required
• Configuring and testing of the Ticketmaster hardware and software
• Diagnosing and remediation of issues and problems both remotely and on-site
• Raising incidents and updating Ticketmaster's incident management software
• Tracking assets and updating Ticketmaster's asset management software
• Minimise incidents and service disruption by providing proactive support and maintenance
• Coordinating and liaising with clients prior to installation and live event attendance
• Working with third party providers and contractors often in a lead capacity
• Provide on-site end user training and demonstration of Ticketmaster products
• Updating and maintaining technical and operational documentation
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Knowledge of networking and networking terminology both wired and wireless
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite of products
• Knowledge of Android/IOS and App based software
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Communications skills both verbal and written
• Clean Driving Licence
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Trustworthy and dependable
• Conscientious and reliable
• Flexible and adaptable
• Motivated and driven
• Focused and passionate
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilitie.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye4wp-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.