Senior Database Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK (potential need for occasional short-term travel)
Division: Ticketmaster International – International IT
Line Manager: Snr Director IT Service Delivery, IT International
Contract Terms: Fixed Term (estimated to run until Nov 2021), 40 hours per week
The IT Service Delivery team is responsible for ensuring that the computer users across the Live Nation Entertainment International region can work effectively, securely and continuously by providing desktop and workplace IT support services and tools aligned with business need and expectation.
The job requires the hands-on project leadership of two exciting and challenging rollouts of technology to the userbase of over 3000 in 20+ countries in the EMEA region. This requires a blend of project management, change delivery, training and application/product knowledge alongside excellent communication and coordination skills.
The projects have complementary drivers. The pandemic has driven a major change in working styles, with far more employees working remotely and with hybrid working styles certain to continue in the future, and these working styles demand the acceleration of the strategic IT drive towards a fully cloud-based set of user services.
The current Cisco VPN solution is to be replaced with Zscaler, a next-generation solution for providing secure and granular remote access. The existing file servers, using Ctera technology, are to be replaced with MS Sharepoint, along with the migration of all data and, crucially, the managed transition of users to confidently use Sharepoint without impacting their day-to-day work.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Stakeholder collaboration and management in conjunction with the Snr Director, IT Service Delivery.
• Plan and manage the roll-out aspects of the projects to ensure that they are clearly defined in scope, success criteria, roles and responsibilities.
• Engage with the technical groups (globally where appropriate) and with vendor representatives to determine the delivery approach, building on existing migration experience.
• Provide regular updates to the IT (and other stakeholder) leadership group.
• Share Sharepoint best practices (from a user perspective) for files/document storage based on previous experience to drive the recommended ways for Sharepoint to be used.
• For Sharepoint migration, define and establish a ''Local Champion'' programme, whereby each country/business will have adoption ''champions'' to help to assure and support local success.
• Develop communication strategy and execute comms accordingly.
• Identify training needs and create/deliver a training package providing the migrating user base with the confidence, capability and understanding necessary to work effectively after migration without significant impact. The training must enable the users to bridge from the ''as-is'' to the ''to-be''.
• Plan and deliver transition of solutions into day-to-day support from the IT Service Desk and local IT in-market.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Experience of project leadership/management and planning at a scale relevant to projects outlined.
• Microsoft Sharepoint – best practice usage/adoption as a data/document repository and similarity/difference compared to traditional file server platforms (from a user perspective).
• Experience of delivering change - transitioning a userbase from existing to new technologies and process.
• Broad technical understanding – VPN, Active Directory, O365, Desktop, Server and Networks – sufficient for effective communication with technical stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of data security and governance frameworks.
• Excellent communicator with proven ability to create/present reports and documentation.
• Ability to use Excel with acquired data to generate insight to shape and drive project approaches.
• Ability to create and deliver user training and training materials.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Ability to view the project delivery from a user-customer standpoint, rather than as the delivery of some technology.
• A positive attitude, with drive for achievement and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrate strong project ownership and a proactive attitude.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, confident and personable.
• Teamworker – positive collaboration with team members and wider IT team in achieving goals.
• Customer focused, and able to deal effectively with challenging customers.
• Flexibility to deal with shifting priorities, high pressure demands and tight timelines.
• Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies in a timely manner.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8j05-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.