Full Time Job
Full Stack / Frontend Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Division: Ticketmaster Music
Line Manager: Director – Application Architect
Contract Terms: Permanent 40 hours per week (if full time)
Ticketmaster Music is a passionate team within Ticketmaster dedicated to supporting our clients (concert promoters, agents and artist managers) by building tools that empower artists to more efficiently manage their touring business while understanding and engaging more deeply with their fans. It's hard work. We love it, and we have a rare opening for an exceptionally talented Full Stack/Front End Engineer to join our team.
The Full Stack/Front End Engineer will work as a key member of our development team building the next generation of fan-oriented applications. These applications include Ticketmaster Request, a ''lottery-style'' product for fairly distributing tickets to the biggest events and tours, as well as a fan club platform with a customized content management system.
This role will work in a small team that includes the Application Architect, fellow engineers, UI/UX designers and Product Owner to design, implement, document and maintain the software platforms and systems. Development on these systems includes a mix of enhancements, new features, and integrations with other products and services throughout the Ticketmaster organization. The position will require excellent full-stack skills, with a particular emphasis on the front end, a good ''eye'', and an interest and ability for staying current on web technology and UX trends.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Implement features based on requirements documents, UI mockups, and team design discussions
• Participate in design and development of new services, APIs, and UIs
• Write unit and integration tests along with primary development
• Work with UX designers and other engineers to develop and enhance the look and feel of consumer-facing and internal applications
• Work with engineers on other products within the organization to assist and improve front-end experience and technology
• Stay current on front-end best practices and trends
• Advise and recommend tools and technologies to improve performance, stability, ease of development, and fan experience
• Work with project manager to provide estimates of proposed work
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Bachelor's degree required. Strong preference for CS or IT-related discipline
• 3+ years of work experience
• Knowledge and experience with either .NET and/or Java development environments, preferably both
• Background in PHP; familiarity with Zend 2/3/Laminas Framework strongly preferred
• Strong front-end ability to skilfully and accurately translate designs into high-quality, responsive web experiences
• Experience developing mobile-first and for desktop
• Strong knowledge of current JS and CSS frameworks, libraries, and best practices
• Knowledge of advanced JS Frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Backbone, etc.
• Knowledge of Web build tools such as SASS/SCSS, npm, Webpack, Grunt, etc.
• Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL and MSSQL
• Experience with Git and general branching/workflow best practices
• Experience with build pipelines and CI tools, such as Gitlab CI and Jenkins
• Experience with Docker and containerized deployment a plus
• Experience with supporting high-traffic sites; usage of CDNs, proxies, and caches
• Familiarity with Agile development process
• Familiarity with a DevOps workflow and an eye for automation a plus
• Familiarity with AWS or other cloud-based deployment strategies
• Experience with SEO strategies and best practices
• Eager problem solver with a can-do attitude, a strong attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93z8z-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.