Full Stack Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK / Remote
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
THE TEAM: Event Details Page (Merchandising)
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
The Event Details Page (EDP) is Ticketmaster ' s core shopping experience. Our mission is to clearly present all available inventory options to fans so they can make an informed purchase. We display interactive seat maps where fans can see up-to-date availability and pricing, as well as understand where in the venue they ' ll be located. Fans come to our page to view an event ' s offers, select inventory for purchase, and ultimately reserve their tickets. EDP is a global product with the flexibility to sell merchandise, tickets, and experiences, and operates at a massive scale, with huge spikes in traffic during onsales.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Collaborate with Product/ UX designers to implement new features and augment existing ones
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests and appropriate monitoring
• Ensure high quality via automation / functional tests, integration tests, and Cucumber BDD
• Work with other systems and software engineers to write specs and document requirements
• Deploy web applications on Kubernetes
• Support operations teams during high demand onsales
• Build resilient, efficient applications that can withstand massive load
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Few years of related experience in software engineering
• Deep knowledge of modern UI frameworks, especially React.js / Next.js
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience in full stack development including CDN configuration
• Understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services, and Messaging
• Some experience working with Java and Spring Boot
• Some experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, and AWS
• Clear communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Ability to document technical solutions
• Familiarity with performance optimization
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
• You embrace creativity and take risks as we encourage innovation
• You think in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions
• You promote cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You are a team player who helps others in the team succeed
• You are results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience in distributed, scalable systems
• You keep abreast of new products, technologies and dev releases as we face exciting new challenges every day and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
• You can communicate clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information conveyed
• You anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes including developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
• You have clear opinions about technical design and code style
• You are comfortable with context-switching
• You can maintain a healthy work-life balance - we develop software at a steady rate
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x637-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.