JOB DESCRIPTION – Finance Manager
Company: Ticketmaster Ireland
Reports to: Finance Manager
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week plus additional time as required
Ticketmaster has been operating in Ireland since 1997. Recognised as the market leader in ticketing, the business is constantly investing in technology innovation and has a commitment to deliver world class service across the entertainment, Arts and Sport ticketing sectors. Since launching its website in May 1998, Ticketmaster has established itself as the most popular and trusted destination for tickets North & South. Ticketmaster Ireland is part of Ticketmaster International. We engage with one million fans across social media platforms every day. Ticketmaster is a Live Nation Entertainment, Inc company. Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management, connecting over 580 million fans across all of our concert and ticketing platforms in 46 countries in 2019. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In 2019, Live Nation connected nearly 98m fans to more than 40,000 events for over 5,000 artists. Ticketmaster sold over 485 million tickets through its systems globally that year for nearly 11,500 customers across multiple event categories. We believe Live Nation are the largest live entertainment company in the world.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the overall day to day running of the finance function. Ensuring timely and accurate execution of all accounting processes including; AP, AR, Banking, Management Accounts, Taxation, Financial reporting, Internal/external Auditing and Statutory reporting obligations.
The ideal candidate is reliable, efficient and thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Knowledge or passion of the music/entertainment industry always a plus. As a member of the Finance Team, you will be partnering with all areas of the business and interacting with many different stakeholders. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the day to day running of the department and oversee the daily accounting and financial reporting activities of the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This role has end to end ownership of the Finance Operations and settlement process to include:
• Provide leadership and a source of reference to all direct reports
• Create and maintain a professional, motivational and productive environment for the finance team and ensure the continuing development of each member's contribution to the business
• To develop and maintain effective teamwork within, and between, the various departments of the Company to include, but not limited to, Sales, EP, Client Account Management, Customer Services and other key operational teams
• To identify training and development needs and ensure adequate levels of in-house training for departmental members
• Produce accurate and timely management accounts to meet the needs of local management and meet all reporting requirements of corporate head office within designated deadlines
• To make accounting adjustments to local accounts to ensure compliance with US GAAP as required by Corporate Head Office
• Co-ordination of all daily/weekly/monthly finance functions including settlements, AR, AP, payroll and sales reporting
• To ensure that all settlements with clients are accurate and in line with contracts and/or agreements with clients and executed in a timely manner
• To ensure the business meets all statutory requirements in respect of financial reporting and tax
• Review of all significant financial reconciliations to ensure that accounts are accurate and free from material misstatement
• Responsibility for preparing and submitting statistical returns
• Responsibility for preparing and submitting ROI & UK Vat returns.
• Review and authorise all (BACS/Cheque/Cash) payments leaving TM Ireland accounts
• Developing additional, relevant accounting controls both system and non-system
• Ensure all relevant corporate control policies are complied with
• Special project work relevant to TM Ireland e.g. New product analysis
• Awareness of key risks and opportunities of the business and their potential effect on the business. To assist with the resolution of said issues e.g. contract renewal, contract changes
• Complete and/or oversee ad/hoc requests as required by management team e.g. Cost reviews, product and channel analysis
• Liaise with external and internal auditors to ensure their requirements are met
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with key clients of the business
• Identify, test and implement modifications to financial systems and practices to achieve more efficient working environment e.g. accounting for new products, channels
• Awareness of all significant financial issues and problems and assist with their subsequent speedy resolution where necessary
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA Fully Qualified accountant
• IT Proficiency a must, previous experience working with ERP systems such as Oracle a plus
• Experience of monthly reporting to tight deadlines
• Experience of working in a multi-division and international company preferred
• Previous knowledge working with various accounting packages and in house software packages a real plus in particular Excel. Previous experience with Oracle would be advantageous.
• Solid analytical and reasoning abilities
• Experience of SOX audits desired
• Strong communication, organisational and leadership skills required
• Commercially astute with strong analytical skills
• Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to identify and prevent potential problems, as well as challenge and improve existing processes.
• Strong attention to detail and Vast knowledge of accounting standards
• Highly motivated and dynamic – ability to work to deadlines and achieve targets in a time-conscious manner
• Professional appearance and attitude
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Proactive attitude
• Demonstrable passion for the Company mission
• An ongoing interest in solving and improving financial issues
• Hands-on with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
• Communicative: the ability to explain numbers to non-financial staff
• Commercial sensibility and business acumen
• Possesses excellent organisation and time management skills, and is able to manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
• Teamwork - – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
• Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
• Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r194pm-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.