Full Time Job
Field / Festival Operations Specialist
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION – FIELD/ FESTIVAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, AB
Division: Ticketmaster Canada
Line Manager: Sr. Manager , Fes t ival Operations
Contract Terms: Part-time, Casual (Hybrid)
We're fans who help fans everywhere access the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want you on our team.
Working primarily with the Front Gate ticketing system, this position delivers operational services and support to Ticketmaster's festival business clients (venues and promoters) while on site at our festival events. The Festival Operations Specialist (FOS) is responsible for coordinating and executing the ticketing needs of festival operations in collaboration with multiple departments and clients. This role includes significant client facing components as well as a requirement for a very strong technical understanding of our products and equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Install, support and deploy various equipment and services at festival locations;
• Provide best practices, training and support of client event and box office needs where required;
• Oversee a TM staffed Box Office team where required;
• Maintain maximum site efficiencies through collaboration with other on-site teams and third-party providers;
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting on live event statistics and access control;
• Maintain inventory and upkeep of technology assets
• Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify the root cause of issues;
• Research client/customer complaints about service levels;
• Work with National/Central support groups to expedite problem resolution;
• Troubleshoot software and hardware issues;
• Coordinate networking issues;
• Work with Customer Service for events with problems and/or special circumstances
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 3+ years festival, ticketing or other related experience
• Must be able to show flexibility in schedule and location to accommodate festivals (work multiple days in a row beyond a standard work week, or shift lengths beyond a standard work day)
• Mandatory availability for in-person Health and Safety training occurring on June 1.
• Travel required
• Bilingualism (written and oral); English and French is strong asset
• Experience with Ticketmaster software and hardware is preferred
• Strong computer skills, especially MS Word and Excel
• Demonstrated organizational and critical thinking skills, paired with a keen attention to detail
• Able to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities in a time sensitive environment
• Autonomous and able to work under minimal supervision
• Reliable, adaptable and team-oriented
• Must be able to meet the physical and technical demands of remote festival locations with little to no infrastructure
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds unassisted, and able to push and pull rolling carts and cases weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted
• A passion for live events!
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concepts, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
• Problem Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspective and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balanced perspective and see all sides of an issue and manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
• Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
• Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving Ticketmaster goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03p4j-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.