Full Time Job
Engineer, Software Enginer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer I
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, Hollywood, CA, Scottsdale AZ + Remote
Division: TM Resale
The Ticketmaster Resale team is corner stone division of the Ticketmaster engineering ecosystem. This division is responsible for moving inventory between fan sellers and a wide variety of retail channels, 3rd party sellers, reporting and analytics.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining software, converting requirements into technical specifications and learning and analysing existing systems. You will be collaborating with other team members to build innovative solutions to business opportunities and leverage existing technology to drive solutions to engineering challenges. Software Engineers are required to be flexible team players than can join existing projects with effective collaboration and drive features to completion with a high degree of quality. Software Engineers are key players in developing pragmatic solutions with realistic delivery goals and high-quality standards. As a Software Engineer you will be called upon to deliver technical analysis on requested business features, perform project estimates and innovate solutions.
At Ticketmaster, we value teamwork and collaboration. We have a diverse workforce spread out around the globe and use frequent collaboration sessions to work together on projects. We are looking for open, honest and caring professional people who welcome sharing ideas and helping others to succeed in their mission. We have a positive and supportive work environment where people are our greatest asset and we are looking for similarly minded and talented individuals to join our family.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design, develop, implement, support and maintain complex Java applications
• Perform object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), applying industry best practices and techniques
• Create technical specifications for detailed application design
• Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues
• Maintain code quality through unit testing
• Document code appropriately for maintainability
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed
• Create and maintain user-interface patterns and standards library
• Work with team members from beginning of product lifecycle through application release
• Available for travel to company's domestic and international branches
• Participate in daily stand-ups, collaborative sessions, and team meetings to work as a team to create brilliant solutions
• Learn all about the business of ticketing and find new opportunities for resale tech to reach even more fans
• Be ready to adapt in a highly competitive business; priorities shift quickly and solutions must be delivered that can adjust to meet and exceed customer expectations
• WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• BS of Computer Science or 3 years of work experience in a software engineering field
• Experience or training in Java Technologies/ .Net technologies (IntelliJ, Visual Studio, SOAP/REST, JDBC/ODBC)
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture and relational database design.
• Experience or training using SQL with an ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity or training with UML sequence diagrams, flow charts, and block diagrams.
• Experience working or training in an Agile or Scrum style team structure
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and deployments via Docker images running on AWS ECS or Kubernetes preferred
• Knowledge of git-based source control management systems like GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, and deployment automation
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
A successful Ticketmaster team member is friendly, passionate and customer focused. At Ticketmaster, we strive to help each other succeed. We build collaborative solutions that bring people together by working together ourselves. If you value teamwork and a great work ethic in a fast paced and dynamic environment then Ticketmaster will be a great fit for you. We have a tremendous number of opportunities for highly skilled people and our industry is growing quickly. We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v5z9-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.