Lead Product Designer - Enterprise
London, United Kingdom
Director, Product Design - Sports
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
As designers at Ticketmaster, we create. We create beautiful moments that remind millions of our fans why they love live entertainment so much. We create access so they can make their next, unforgettable live event memories. We create delight: We improve our clients and on-the-ground teams' day-to-day with our unique range of ticketing and event management solutions. We help them move through their jobs a bit easier, a bit faster so they can help our fans get closer to their dreams. As a designer at Ticketmaster, what will you create?
As Director, Product Design - Sports, you will lead your team to create best-of-breed, next generation fan and client experiences for our Ticketmaster Sport business. You will provide product design direction and delivery strategy for short- and medium- term business priorities. You will craft, socialize, and activate your own product design strategy, research & brand vision, and manage design programs through strategic relationship building and alignments. You will interface with some of the biggest names in UK sports and world tournaments space and create white label solutions that can scale to teams and organisations with varying sizes and objectives.
You are accountable for the overall success of your products and team, as well as for all UX research & UI design process, quality & standards, and stakeholder management for your assigned areas. You will influence and coach your team members to achieve design excellence, ease of use, and excellent product performance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Product Delivery, Strategic Planning and Alignment
• Deliver best in class user experiences for our fans and clients.
• Be accountable for all product design deliverables, processes, and standards in your assigned area.
• Take complex business requirements and synthesize them into actionable design roadmaps and scalable, global UX & brand strategies
• Increase position of influence and get buy-in from other parts of the business to activate vision/make vision into reality
• Lead your team to conduct relevant research, generate meaningful insights and use it to inform and transform features into beautiful, intuitive, and conversion-optimised experiences
• Lend an astute eye to concepts and elevate the quality of delivery in innovation, utility, value generation, scalability, composition, content, and attention to detail
• Collaborate with and align goals, schedules, and processes with senior management, stakeholders, and cross-functional counterparts to meet aims and timelines of Ticketmaster successfully.
• Develop clear and effective design project plans, including user research and design delivery schedules, for all responsible product areas.
• Set clear expectations and communicate plans and progress explicitly and consistently with senior management, PMO, Product, Engineering and direct reports.
• Apply critical thinking and rigour to ensure business, client and end user perspectives have all been accounted for and prioritised in context.
• Ensure innovation, creativity and exceptional quality are part of the final and built solution.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing to devise scalable product asset share and relevant brand systems.
Design Team and Infrastructure Management
• Lead design requirements discovery and goal clarification workshops.
• Understand and translate the short, medium and long-term vision and strategic business goals to direct reports.
• Help stream leads plan and apply appropriate UX & Product Design methodologies to support product objectives. As such, coach all Product Designers to:
• Plan and conduct user, market, and competitive research
• Participate in and/or lead ideation workshops with cross-functional teams.
• Produce user types, scenarios/journeys, flow maps and produce relevant artefacts & documentation (e.g. wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, presentations) to convey clear context & vision to stakeholders and to aid in accurate design decision making.
• Use core information architecture and interaction design skills to take design deliverables through a full project lifecycle.
• Conduct benchmark and validation usability tests and maintain a database of test subjects.
• Conduct stress tests and design QA tests to ensure deliveries meet specifications.
• Work with the Analytics and product management teams to ensure measurable design decisions are being made.
• Manage and/or contribute to Marketplace Design System, appropriate product brand guidelines, etc.
• Review, edit, and ensure all design artefacts are to exceptional standards and help and empower teams to achieve this on their own with minimal supervision.
• Create and evolve standards, processes and programs to enable product success, to facilitate fluid workflow, and to set our team up for success;
• Devise strategies on how to improve UX artefacts development and UX research methodologies to add value to the overall product design process. Lead team to effect this change.
• Ensure that Ticketmaster visual identity is integrated sympathetically into features and ensure that visual standards are constantly benchmarked and evolved to ensure competitive edge
• Collaborate with other Marketplace leads to manage and evolve Marketplace Design System
Team Growth, Development, Innovation, and Thought Leadership
• Manage, pull up, and grow our bench of new design leaders and support them through tactical, day-to-day management and professional development challenges;
• Coach stream leads how to lead and mentor their own teams.
• Develop individualized professional development plans for direct reports and coach them through success.
• Start establishing presence as an expert and evangelize product design through frequent and effective idea shares, communication, and storytelling
• Develop strong relationships and establish position of influence with counterparts across the organization, beyond the immediate Product, Engineering and Design functions
• Evaluate and evolve skills to stay relevant; keep skills fresh and be informed of best practices, technical trends and developments
• Continually introduce new methods and tools to the team to keep team competitive and help Ticketmaster attract and retain world class talent
• Get involved with external design community and participate in industry events and dialogue and start representing Ticketmaster in a professional capacity.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Strong experience designing cross-channel, fan- and client-facing products at global and enterprise-scale. Experience with ecommerce and content management systems, non-negotiable. Experience with white label solutions desirable but not required.
• Strong track record of delivering multiple concurrent projects on time and on budget
• Proven experience in multi-stream team and line management, professional development and mentoring
• Exceptional grounding in principles, methodology and practices of digital product design with proven hands-on experience in a working environment, i.e. UX design, UX research, visual design, interface design, mobile app design, interaction design, content strategy, brand development, etc.
• Ability to think critically, to collaborate and to present ideas to senior stakeholders,
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8937x-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.