Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com
WHO ARE YOU?
A creative and strategic thinker who is passionate about live music and the future of communications and public relations. You enjoy solving problems, work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You are an exceptional writer and communicator who finds the value in effective & strategic communications and storytelling. You're a self-starter who will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the initiatives of Live Nation across our various businesses, partners, and initiatives.
The Director of Corporate Communications will work with a global lens to support external and internal communications, finding the best ways to tell Live Nation Entertainment's story while supporting business goals in each region. This lead will work to support C-suite and divisional leadership with communications strategy for businesses across the organization, including Concerts, Venues, Ticketing, Sponsorship, Festivals, and more. The role will also help support communications needs for various business functions including but not limited to Social Impact, HR, Government Relations, and Brand Marketing. The position will report into the VP of Corporate Communications.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
• Create and execute a cohesive communications strategy to share the company's most important messages with employees, partners, clients, consumers and more in a simple and effective way
• Serve as point person between Corporate Communications team and select businesses across the organization. This includes advising on right scope for announcements to ensure a unified approach that meets objectives at global, regional, and local level. This will include detailed review of strategy and materials for internal and external communications
• Draft and execute creative ways to highlight our business through dynamic written communication as well as visuals that develop data and graphics to demonstrate accomplishments
• Spotlight and drive awareness for major partnerships and initiatives
• Manage global internal communications strategy in a way that is authentic the company's culture, vision and values. This work will span various communications channels including but not limited to emails, Slack, town halls, global calls, intranet and more
• Support and advise on internal communications for divisional teams including executive communications, townhalls, newsletters and more
• Grow and maintain relationships with industry press, national and regional outlets, as well as other key media
• Draft and distribute press materials, including press releases, statements, talking points, social copy, awards submissions, and more
• Provide communications guidance for issues management
• Help direct engaging content, like videos and images, that can support broader communications and business goals
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• 7+ years of experience in a strategic Communications role preferred
• Experience in communicating, pitching, and securing media required
• Previous Internal communications experience highly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of or prior experience in the music business is a plus
• Good eye for detail, writing ability, and proofreading skills
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to balance urgent and ongoing projects while meeting deadlines
• Interested in the music business with leadership ability and strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as Google Drive including Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
• Understanding of social media landscape
• Ability to work day, evening and weekend hours, based on the natural needs of business operations with concerts and events, plus occasional travel as needed
• Maintain a positive public/professional profile at all times
• Previous experience using Muckrack a plus
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n316-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.