Senior Financial Analyst, Global Planning Analysis
New York, NY
Headquartered in New York, Los Angeles and London with operations in global markets around the world. The Orchard is a music and video distributor specializing in comprehensive digital strategies for content owners. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Director of Finance.
What you'll do:
• Support financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis functions integral to the business operations for The Orchard's owned labels and Sony Central Joint Ventures.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results of various Orchard entities including artist deals, profit splits, and joint ventures.
• Research general ledger activity including marketing and overhead expenditures.
• Prepare monthly reporting packages for senior management along with support for the annual business plan using SAP, IP & BPC.
• Provide support related to the creation, processing, and administration of Marketing budgets.
• Prepare the month end sales accrual for select entities using Looker and SAP.
• Update Marketing Planning projects in PRS & MPS.
• Support Sony Central JV overhead budgets and forecasts.
• Prepare pro-forma artist release P&Ls.
• Create Ad hoc reports and financial analysis.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting, CPA is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role.
• Strong Excel skills
• Entertainment /music industry experience is ideal.
• Experience with SAP, BPC and Looker is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve effective results in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Well organized, detail oriented, and proactive.
What we give you:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooep4-3-237-48-165-42 in your application.