The Orchard is seeking a Director, Legal Operations to join our NY based team. Reporting directly to our General Counsel, the Director, Legal Operations will marry their legal expertise and project management skill set to ensure department efficiency and strong stakeholder management.
What you'll do
• Be the designated liaison between BLA and other departments, responsible for setting and meeting expectations, triaging requests, and responding to queries where appropriate.
• Work closely with Orchard attorneys to draft and negotiate various legal documents including distribution agreement amendments, vendor services agreements, promotional agreements, and NDAs
• Manage day to day departmental tasks, including team meeting agendas and objectives, and various corporate legal responsibilities, including UCC filing, and invoice processing.
• Develop a deep understanding of The Orchard's business and teams in order to become a trusted partner across the business.
• Play a central role in the improvement of internal legal team workflows to ensure goals of quality and speed are met.
• Analyze department output data and report findings/present recommendations to senior leadership.
• Support team by managing inbound requests, translating requests to create defined deliverables, and acting as a point of escalation to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Who you are
• 5+ years of experience as a paralegal supporting lawyers and handling corporate matters in a fast-paced law firm or in-house environment.
• Proven track record acting in a project management capacity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized; able to track/prioritize a high volume of projects and adjust to changing priorities.
• Thorough knowledge of music industry business and practices (preferred).
• Spanish fluency (a plus; not required).
What we give you
• You'll join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition, and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$95,000 - $125,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k5e7-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.