Vice President, Compensation & Benefits Accounting
New York, NY
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst, Strategy & Finance - New York. This (pre-MBA) position supports The Orchard in financial planning & analysis, the execution of corporate transactions, and the development of strategic growth opportunities. This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about media & entertainment and who wants to gain a broad understanding of music, technology, and digital networks businesses. Working closely with senior management throughout The Orchard puts the Business Analyst in a unique position to experience high-level strategic decision-making firsthand, and to build meaningful working relationships with key executives.
What You'll Do:
• Prepare and execute detailed financial models and other analyses to facilitate decision making for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures
• Developing comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses, including returns analysis and sensitivities
• Creation of ad-hoc analysis and presentations for Executive team
• Drive process efficiencies by leveraging available data
• Support strategic analysis and planning for the business
• Analysis of key KPIs and trends for Senior Management updates
• Prepare internal presentations highlighting strategic opportunities
• Assisting finance & strategy teammates as well as divisional counterparts in the development of long-term global strategy
• Conducting research to help inform The Orchard's strategic priorities
• Providing financial and strategic support in evaluating and executing mergers & acquisitions, strategic partnerships and cross-divisional business development initiatives
• Performing financial analyses to evaluate strategic alternatives and new investment opportunities
• Assisting and managing commercial and financial due diligence
• Preparing internal presentations highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
• Preparing comprehensive business plans for new growth initiatives, including expansion international
• Closely monitoring industry trends and competitive dynamics, and preparing presentations summarizing industry segments and individual companies
Who You Are:
• BA/BS degree
• 1-3 years experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or related industry (media and entertainment, digital, tech) company
• Advanced financial modeling skills; high proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills and be able to think strategically
• Must have strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Passion for media and entertainment
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
Why join us?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx0pk-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.