New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The role of a Virtual Producer is to facilitate Virtual Production shoots in advertising commercial projects through The Mill.
In order to deliver the standard of work The Mill has become renowned for, an Virtual Producer must have excellent knowledge of current technology and techniques, an in-depth knowledge of budgeting software, timecards, PO's, and standard wrap procedures as it relates to AICP Guidelines as well as CG asset creation in regards to characters, props, and environments. It's important to have superb communication, team work and organizational skills, a creative eye and an innate understanding of our clients' requirements and the production industry as a whole.
The Virtual Producer must also work in conjunction with the Creative Director in the day to day running of current jobs and projects. This person will be involved in bringing efficiencies for the artists running current jobs ranging from internal systems and processes to client communication, interaction with crew members, live remote viewing, invoicing, and wrap.
• Attend client meetings at the pitch stage to advise on current production needs, procedures and plan timings.
• Involved in the planning and quoting for all elements of the job i.e. character development, CG Props, CG Environments, live remote viewing, putting together a shot list/ schedule and acting as an Assistant Director on the Virtual set.
• Ability to confidently and effectively act as a liaison between Client and Creatives.
• Possess an acute sense for visual aesthetics and ideas and the ability to manage people and resources effectively
• Being tech savvy and having worked with Artist that work with Maya Files or in Unreal Engine.
• Prepare Shooting Schedules and manage the day of capture/shoot remotely.
• Compile reference material and pitch content
• Maintain Content Calendars and schedules data base
• Be the main Producer for one or 2 accounts over the course of the year.
• Compile credit list and PR details at job wrap
• Efficient response time to client queries and requests
• Increase communication and productivity within the Production department & outside vendors.
• Good working knowledge and relationships with other Mill offices
• Work towards role of Senior Producer
• Working knowledge of AICP Guidelines and rules in the US advertising industry
• Experience in Production Management for Commercial Line Producers
• Experience working in Post Production involving CG.
• Working Knowledge of processing CAPS (or equivalent) timecards, PO's, & Petty Cash
• Have filled out Insurance Certificates for Productions
• Enjoy being on set and thrive under pressure.
• Have a keen understanding of what an Assistant Director does on set and mimicking that for your Virtual Production pipeline.
• Flexible working hours
• Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to multitask and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks
• Resourceful and lateral thinking
• Able to communicate at all levels/across all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2qq2-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.