London, United Kingdom
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our London studio is currently looking for a number of mid and senior level VFX Producers to join the Production department.
Tasked with achieving creative excellence, best customer service and maximizing profitability for The Mill, you will manage projects to ensure the delivery of creatively successful and profitable outcomes to specific deadlines.
• Plan and manage projects and oversee services provided by other departments.
• Prepare accurate and detailed quotes for projects
• Line produce work and negotiate payment for work beyond scope agreement
• Provide cohesiveness and continuity for clients by working closely with your immediate production team to ensure effective utilisation of company resources.
• Sign off quotes to agreed discount level.
• Provide creative and technical advice on post production techniques and shooting requirements.
• Lead, guide and train Junior Producers and manage any personnel issues.
• Attend and advise at client meetings and direct creative artists on the requirements of each project.
• Manage projects to achieve agreed targets on increased revenue. Keep Executive Producer informed of no charge jobs and negotiate with the client on future financial return for these jobs.
• Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
• Brief schedulers and monitor project demands on creative artists to ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
• Research and source new and up and coming directing/creative talent. Keep abreast of our competitors talent and projects and forward plan for quiet periods through a sales and marketing plan
• Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards.
• Keep abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
What you'll need
• Highly organized
• Exemplary time/project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
• Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work within a team towards a common goal
• Strong knowledge of techniques within VFX, Animation and Design
• Understanding of common file formats and resolutions
• 3-4 years experience as a Producer